On Simulation of Urban Rail Vehicle Electro-Pneumatic Braking Systems
Braking system plays an important role in urban rail vehicle; its performance directly affects the safety and reliability of the train operation. To analyze the performance of braking system, AMESim is applied in this paper, since establishment of a physical model is time-consuming and money-wasting. In the light of the structure and mechanism, every functional block of the braking system is set up utilizing AMESim. Several simulating scenarios are investigated in this paper. The simulation results show that the model built by using AMESim can simulate the dynamical behavior, and it can be used for analyzing the braking system fault, etc.
KeywordsUrban rail vehicle Electro-pneumatic braking system AMESim Simulation
This work is partly supported by Chinese 863 program (Contract No. 2011AA110503-6) and Ph.D. Programs Foundation of Ministry of Education of China (Grant Number: 20110009120037).
- 1.Feng Q, Hu J, Li H (2010) Design of experimental platform for urban rail vehicle braking system. In: 2010 Chinese control and decision conference (CCDC), pp 4430–4434Google Scholar
- 3.Piechowiak T (2010) Verification of pneumatic railway brake models. Veh Syst Dyn 48(3):283–299Google Scholar
- 5.Pugi L, Malvezzi M, Allotta B et al (2004)A parametric library for the simulation of a Union Internationale des Chemins de Fer (UIC) pneumatic braking system. Proc Inst Mech Eng 218(F2):117–132Google Scholar
- 6.Cantone L, Crescentini E, Verzicco R et al (2009) A numerical model for the analysis of unsteady train braking and releasing manoeuvres. Proc Inst Mech Eng 223(F3):305–317Google Scholar
- 7.Cantone L (2011) TrainDy: the new Union Internationale des Chemins de Fer software for freight train interoperability. Proc Inst Mech Eng 225(F1):57–70Google Scholar
- 8.Wei W, Lin Y (2009) Simulation of a freight train brake system with 120 valves. Proc Inst Mech Eng Part F: J Rail Rapid Transit 223(1):85–92Google Scholar
- 9.Tao ZK, Tian C, Wu ML (2013) Fault simulation of relay valve based on AMEsim. Appl Mech Mater pp 1297–1305Google Scholar
- 10.Zhang XJ (2012) Research on the simulation of urban rail vehicle air brake system and its fault diagnosis. Beijing Jiao tong University (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 11.Deng H, Wang X, Zhang W (2010) Application of AMESim software to the device producing fluctuant load for vehicle braking system. In: 2010 International conference on computer design and applications (ICCDA), pp 3390–3393Google Scholar