Design and Research for the Low-Loss Passive Snubber Circuit Used in the Metro High Frequency Auxiliary Converter
In view of the secondary rectifier diode overvoltage damage problems in the DC–DC link during the operation process of the metro auxiliary converter, this paper analyzes the mechanism of overvoltage and a novel way of RCD snubber is proposed. Different from the traditional snubber circuits, it has the characteristics of less resistor heat, high energy utilization rate, good voltage spike suppression effect, etc. On the basis of metro auxiliary converter circuit topology, this paper has carried out detailed research on the energy flow during the snubber circuit voltage clamped process and put forward the snubber parameter calculation method. Then experimental verification is made by a simulation model based on SABER and 77 kVA prototype platform, which proves the rationality of the RCD snubber circuit design.
KeywordsAuxiliary converter Resonance RCD snubber circuit Voltage clamped
This work is supported in part by the National Natural Science Foundation of China under Grant U1134204, the China National Science and Technology Support Program under Grant 2013BAG24B01 and “the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities” under Grant 2012JBM099.
- 1.Xu X (2009) Research on RCD snubber for rectifier circuit of 15 kW full-bridge converter. Power Electron 43(1):41–43 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 2.Cai C, Xue-jun P, Yu C et al. (2011) The loss calculation of RCD snubber with forward and reverse recovery effects considerations. In: Proceedings of the 8th international conference on power electronics - ECCE Asia, the Shilla Jeju, Korea, pp 3005–3012Google Scholar
- 3.Sun T, Wang H, Zhang X et al (2006) A novel ZVZCS converter using passive clamp circuit. Proceedings of the CSEE 26(17):72–76Google Scholar
- 7.Huang CK, Nien HH, Changchien SK et al. (2008) An optimal designed RCD snubber for DC–DC converters. In: Proceedings of the 10th international conference on control, automation, robotics and vision. pp 2202–2207Google Scholar
- 8.Thong WK, Pollock C (2002) A novel low-cost RCD snubber for bifilar-wound motors. IEEE Trans Ind Appl 38(3):688–694Google Scholar
- 9.Meng P, Chen H, Zheng S et al. (2010) Optimal design for the damping resistor in RCD-R snubber to suppress common-mode noise. In: Proceedings of the IEEE 25th applied power electronics conference and exposition (APEC), pp 691–695Google Scholar
- 10.Chen J, Diao L, Ruan B et al (2011) Suppression and modeling analysis of auxiliary converter rectifying voltage output. Trans China Electrotechnical Soc 26(1):71–76 (in Chinese)Google Scholar