Clamped Three-level Inverter Midpoint Potential Control Method
From the perspective of the current relationship, the reason of midpoint potential fluctuations for three-level inverter was analyzed. And based on redundant small vectors compensation, the action time correction methods for the basic voltage vectors and the original fundamental voltage vector have been proposed. Finally a simulation model was built in MATLAB for analysis, which showed that the three-level neutral point potential fluctuations can be suppressed effectively by the midpoint potential compensation algorithm.
KeywordsThree-level inverter Midpoint potential Control method
The work was supported by Beijing Municipal Commission of Transport under grant E13M00020 (Research about High performance electric traction control and diagnostic techniques of Light rail vehicles). We would like to thank the anonymous reviewers for their comments and suggestions.
- 1.Zhang Y, Tang Y (2010) Research on SVPWM method and neutral-point voltage balance in three-level inverter. Electr Drive 40(2):33–36 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 3.Pou J, Pingdado R, Boroyevich D et al (2005) Evaluation of the low-frequency neutral-point voltage oscillation in the three-level inverter. IEEE Trans Ind electron 52(12): 1582–1588Google Scholar
- 4.Jin H, Zou Y (2010) Research on the technology of the neutral-point voltage balance and dual-loop control scheme for three-level PWM rectifier. Proc Chin Soc Electr Eng 26(20):64–68 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 5.Song W, Chen G (2006) A novel SVPWM strategy and its implementation considering neutral-point potential balancing for three-level NPC inverter. Proc Chin Soc Electr Eng 26(12):95–100 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 6.Li P, Liu G (2012) Research on SVPWM control scheme for NPC three-level inverter and balance of neural-point voltage. Chin Meas Test Technol 38(5):75–79 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 8.Dou Z, Zhang T (2008) SVPWM and neutral-point-potential balance control of three-level NPC rectifier. Electr Power Autom Equip 28(2):65–69 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 9.Liu Z, Wu M (2007) Research on space vector pulse width modulation method for neutral-point-clamped three-level inverter. Meas Control Technol 26(11):80–83 (in Chinese)Google Scholar