Diagnostics of Transformer Windings Deformation Based on Transfer Function
The deformation of transformer windings after a short circuit was analyzed by studying the criterion for the transfer function. First, the lumped parameter method was used to establish the equivalent circuit of transformer winding, the losses, and mutual inductance was added in it. Second, a single-layer continuous transformer winding was used as an example to calculate the changes in equivalent circuit parameters due to the changes of the structure and geometry size of the transformer winding, when the transformer windings occurred different forms and degrees deformation. Finally, the common axial and radial deformations of transformer winding was studied to calculate the transfer function of the deformed winding, with the degree of winding deformation judged by the mean square root of the spectrum difference, a diagnostic criterion was given to judge the deformation degree.
KeywordsTransformer Winding deformation Transfer function Deformation diagnostic
This work is supported by basic scientific research funded projects of Beijing Jiao Tong University (No.2012JBM100).
- 1.Diek EP, Erven CC (1978) Transformer diagnostic testing by frequeney response analysis.·IEEE Trans·Power APP Aratus Syst 97(6):2144–2153Google Scholar
- 3.Christian J, Feser K (1999) Diagnostics of power transformers by using the transfer function method. In: IEEE conference publication proceedings of the 1999 11th international symposium on high voltage engineering (ISH99), LondonGoogle Scholar
- 4.Rajasekaran S, Yu X, Fetherstone F (2000) Diagnosis and identification of transformer faults from frequency response data. In: Conference record of the 2000 IEEE power engineering society winter meeting, SingaporeGoogle Scholar
- 5.Xuechang Y, Yongping W (1997) Calculation of transient voltage distribution in transformers using bergeron’s method. Tsinghua Sci Technol 2(4):838–841 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 6.Kezunovic M, Guo Y (2000) Modeling and simulation of the power transformer faults and related protective relay behavior. IEEE Trans Power Deliv 15(1):44–50Google Scholar
- 7.Wang Z (1996) Modeling for simulating very fast transient in transformer windings. Proc CSEE 16(5):299–305 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 8.Gui J (2003) Fault diagnosis of power transformer based on the principle of pulse propagation along the winding. Department of Electrical Engineering, Tsinghua University, Beijing (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 9.Qi Y, Yang X, Zhou W (2002) Based on the transfer function of power transformer insulation fault and diagnostic methods. Automation of electric power systems (1). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 10.Gui J,Gao W,Tan K (2004) Criterion for transformer winding deformation calculated by the structural parameter method. J Tsinghua University (Science and Technology), vo1 44,N.1. (in Chinese)Google Scholar