A New Approach to Diagnose Rolling Bearing Faults Based on AFD
A new fault diagnosis method of rolling bearing based on adaptive Fourier decomposition (AFD) is proposed. The new approach extracts the meaningful bearing vibration signal based on AFD algorithm instead of traditional band-pass filter; AFD decomposes the original bearing vibration signal into a series of mono-components, the kurtosis of each mono-component is calculated and clustered into two classes by fuzzy C-mean clustering (FCM). The mean of the two cluster centers is taken as threshold and the mono-components with large kurtosis is summed as bearing fault carrier signal because the bearing fault is sensitive to kurtosis; Then demodulated resonance technique is used to diagnose and locate the fault. The new approach can diagnose all kinds of rolling bearings’ fault. Finally, the proposed approach is used to analysis the outer ring fault in case of N205EM type rolling bearing; the experiments indicates that the effectiveness and accuracy are significantly approved.
KeywordsFault diagnosis Adaptive Fourier decomposition Mono-component Resonant demodulation
This work is supported by the National High Technology Research and Development Program of China (863 Program) (2011AA110501).
- 1.Howard I (1994) A review of rolling element bearing vibration “detection, diagnosis and prognosis”. Melbourne, Victoria 3001 Australia. DSTO aeronautical and maritime research laboratoryGoogle Scholar
- 3.Peng ZK, Peter TW, Chu FL (2005) An improved Hilbert–Huang transform and its application in vibration signal analysis. J Sound Vib 286:187–205Google Scholar
- 7.Tang DY (2006) Generalized resonance. resonant demodulation fault diagnosis and safety engineering-for railway. China railway pressGoogle Scholar
- 8.Qian T, Wang YB (2011) Adaptive decomposition into basic signals of non-negative instantaneous frequencies—a variation and realization of greedy algorithm. Adv Comput Math 34(3):279–293Google Scholar
- 10.Qian T, Wang YB, Dang P Adaptive decomposition into mono-components. Adv Adapt Data Anal. doi: 10.1142/S1793536909000278