Design of a 6 kW Battery Charger Based on Full-Bridge Phase-Shifted ZVZCS PWM Converter
Based on full-bridge phase-shifted zero voltage and zero current switching (FB-PS-ZVZCS) PWM converter, this paper presents the design procedure of a 6 kW battery charger. In the converter, one blocking capacitor and two diodes are added in the primary side of the transformer to realize ZVS for the leading-leg and ZCS for the lagging-leg. The very detailed analysis of the operation principles is proposed. According to the results, some simplification works are done and the design procedure of the main parameters, including the value of the switches snubber capacitor, the blocking capacitor and the delay time between gates drive signals, also is drown. Finally, a 6 kW battery charger prototype is built. The simulation and experiment results verify the parameters as well as the proposed design procedure.
KeywordsBattery charger ZVZCS Simplification Design procedure
This work was supported in part by the China National Science and Technology Support Program under Grant (2013BAG21QB00).
- 1.Wenli L, Ying M (2008) Design of a soft switched 8 kW battery charging converter for 100 % low floor light rail vehicle. In: Vehicle power and propulsion conference, pp 1–5Google Scholar
- 2.Cho JG, Sabate JA, Hua G, Lee FC (1994) Zero-voltage and zero-current-switching full bridge PWM converter for high power applications. In: Power electronics specialists conference, PESC ‘94 record, 25th annual IEEE, vol 1. pp 102–108Google Scholar
- 3.Cho JG, Rim GH (1996) Zero voltage and zero current switching full bridge PWM converter using secondary active clamp. In: Power electronics specialists conference, vol 1, pp 657–663Google Scholar
- 4.Kim ES, Joe KY, Kye MH (1997) An improved ZVZCS PWM FB DC/DC converter using energy recovery snubber. In: Applied power electronics conference and exposition, vol 2, pp 1014–1019Google Scholar
- 5.Cho JG, Baek JW, Yoo DW, Lee HS, Rim GH (1997) Novel zero-voltage and zero-current-switching (ZVZCS) full bridge PWM converter using transformer auxiliary winding. In: Power electronics specialists conference, vol 1, pp 227–232Google Scholar
- 6.Cho JG, Baek JW, Jeong CY, Yoo DW, Lee HS, Rim GH (1998) Novel zero-voltage and zero-current-switching (ZVZCS) full bridge PWM converter using a simple auxiliary circuit. In: Applied power electronics conference and exposition, vol 2, pp 834–839Google Scholar
- 7.Choi HS, Kim JW, Cho BH (2001) Novel zero-voltage and zero-current-switching (ZVZCS) full-bridge PWM converter using coupled output inductor. In: Applied power electronics conference and exposition, vol 2, pp 967–973Google Scholar
- 8.Xinbo R, Yangguang Y (2001) A novel zero-voltage and zero-current-switching PWM full-bridge converter using two diodes in series with the lagging leg. IEEE Trans Industr Electron 48(4):777–785Google Scholar