Adaptive Tuning Algorithm Used in Multi-Join Query Optimization
The multi-join query optimization problem is hot and difficult in the data query optimization research field. Based on the study at cost estimation methods and the theory of multi-join queries, this paper gives an improved cost estimation model and a new search algorithm of query execution strategy space. The proposed optimization method uses adaptive genetic algorithm based on cloud theory in searching query strategy space. Simulation results demonstrate the effectiveness of the algorithm.
KeywordsMulti-join Query optimization Cost model Adaptive genetic algorithm Cloud theory
This work was supported by the Co-Funding Project of Beijing Municipal Education Commission under Grant No. JD100060630.
- 1.Ahmed R, Lee A, Witkowski A, et al (2006) Cost-based query transformation in Oracle. Proceedings of the 32nd international conference on very large data bases, VLDB Endowment, 1026–1036Google Scholar
- 2.Swami A (1989) Optimization of large join queries: combining heuristics and combinatorial techniques, ACM SIGMOD Record, ACM, 18(2):367–376Google Scholar
- 4.Bennett KP, Ferris MC, Ioannidis YE (1991) A genetic algorithm for database query optimization. Computer Sciences Department, University of Wisconsin, Center for Parallel OptimizationGoogle Scholar
- 5.Guo L (2008) Research of query rewriting and multi-join query optimization based on GA of database. Northeastern University (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 6.Guo C, Zhu L, Li X (2009) Multi-join query optimization method based on ant colony algorithm. Comput Eng, 35(10):173–175 (in Chinese) Google Scholar
- 7.Song L (2009) Research and application on multi-join query optimization of database based on genetic algorithm and simulated annealing. Changchun University of Technology (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 8.Zhao X (2010) Design and implementation of query optimization algorithm based on genetic tabu search based on stack and chosen the superior. South China University of Technology (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 10.Liu Y (2008) Application and research on multi-join query optimization of database based on GA. Daqing Petroleum Institute (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 11.Dai C, Zhu Y, Chen W (2007) Adapative genetic algorithm based on cloud theory. Control Theory Appl 24(4):646–650 (in Chinese)Google Scholar