Risk-Based Maintenance Optimization of Metro Vehicle Door System
Traditional maintenance of door system has not taken the risk of operating failure into consideration. So a risk-based maintenance strategy is developed and applied to maintenance decision of door system. First, the EDCU unit is identified as the key subsystem of door based on the FMEA method. Then, risk assessment of the EDCU is carried out in accordance with cost. Finally, the rule of age reduction and increasing failure rate is applied to establish the model of the maintenance cycle optimization. The experiment result shows that optimal maintenance cycle of the door system is 57 days, which is verified by expert engineers.
KeywordsMaintenance cycle optimization Door system Risk-based maintenance Age reduction factor
This research is supported by National High-tech R&D program of China (863 Program, No.2011AA110501) and National Technology R&D Program of China (No. 2011BAG01B05). The supports are gratefully acknowledged.
- 1.Yang Q, Hu H, Wang M (2013) Inspection/maintenance optimization for petrochemical system by risk based maintenance strategy. J Xi’an Jiaotong Univ 47(6):30–136 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 2.Zeng C, Su J (2011) Application of reliability-centered maintenance of door system of metro vehicles. Electric Drive Locomotives 11:61–63 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 3.Mao Y (2008) Planning and implementation of RCM of Nanjing metro equipment. Master Dissertation, Nanjing University of Science and Technology, Nanjin, 5 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 4.Dong Y, Wang X, Gu Y (2008) Risk-based maintenance decision and its application to power plant equipment. Mod Electr Power 25(2):52–56 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 5.Dong X (2009) Reliability, availability, maintainability and safety of rail train (RAMS). China Railway Publishing House, Beijing (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 6.Zhang H, Wang E, Liu Z (2010) Research on prediction and risk management of mine disaster accident loss. Coal Eng 1:120–123 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 7.Zhou X, Xi L, Lee J (2005) A reliability-based sequential preventive maintenance model. J Shanghai Jiaotong Univ 39(12):2044–2047 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 8.Wang L (2011) Research on reliability-centered maintenance decision and support system for high speed train equipment. Beijing Jiaotong University Doctoral Dissertation, Beijing, pp 54–57 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 9.Liu J (2010) FMECA analysis and application research on door system of Shanghai metro line 5. Undergr Eng Tunnels 4:39–42 (in Chinese)Google Scholar