Fault Criticality Evaluation of Metro Door Based on WLSM and FWGM
The reliability of metro door is directly related to the safety of passengers. The failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA) method based on the weighted least squares model (WLSM) and the fuzzy weighted geometric mean (FWGM) is proposed to evaluate metro door fault criticality. First, WLSM is used to collect individual judgments to form the final aggregated judgment. Then, fuzzy risk priority numbers (FRPNs) are defined as FWGM of the fuzzy ratings for the three risk factors for prioritization of failure modes. Finally, the FRPNs are defuzzified using the centroid defuzzification method. The experiment results show that three failure modes including ‘‘EDCU function is broken,’’ “Limit switch S1wears out,” and “Nut component wears out” have greater damage on door than other failure modes.
KeywordsMetro door FMEA FRPN Weighted least squares model Fuzzy weighted geometric mean
This research was sponsored by National High-tech R&D Program of China (863 Program, No.2011AA110501) and National Key Technology R&D Program of China (No. 2011BAG01B05). The supports are gratefully acknowledged.
- 1.Zhao Y, Liu F (2009) Application of FMECA in designing railway vehicle parts. Railw Veh 47(2):11–15 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 2.Xu K, Tang TC, Xie M, Ho SL, Zhu ML (2002) Fuzzy assessment of FMEA for engine systems. Reliab Eng Syst Saf 75:17–29Google Scholar
- 3.Pillay A, Wang J (2003) Modified failure mode and effects analysis using approximate reasoning. Reliab Eng Syst Saf 79:69–85Google Scholar
- 4.Sharma RK, Kumar D, Kumar P Fuzzy (2008) modeling of system behavior for risk and reliability analysis. Int J Syst Sci 39(6):563–581Google Scholar
- 5.Liu, H-C, Liu L, Liu N (2013) Risk evaluation approaches in failure mode and effects analysis: a literature review. Expert Syst Appl 40:828–838Google Scholar
- 6.Zhang Z, Chu X (2011) Risk prioritization in failure mode and effects analysis under uncertainty. Expert Syst Appl 38:206–214Google Scholar
- 7.Wang Y, Chin K, Gary KKP et al (2009) Risk evaluation in failure mode and effects analysis using fuzzy weighted geometric. Experts Syst Appl 36:1195–1207Google Scholar
- 8.Chen L, Ko W (2009) Fuzzy linear programming models for new product design using QFD with FMEA. Appl Math Model 33:633–647Google Scholar
- 9.Gargama H (2011) Sanjay Kumar Chaturvedi. Criticality assessment models for failure mode effects and criticality analysis using fuzzy logic. IEEE Trans Reliab 60(1):102–110Google Scholar