The Organization of Chaos by Periodic Orbits: Topological Universality of Complex Systems
In this short paper I review the main ingredients of a theory of strange attractors that has been evolving recently [1–7], resulting in what seems to be the first understanding of what can be universal in the chaotic regime of dynamical systems.
KeywordsPeriodic Orbit Chaotic System Periodic Point Strange Attractor Topological Entropy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.D. Auerbach, B. O’Shaughnessy and I. Procaccia: Phys. Rev. A, in press.Google Scholar
- 3.I. Procaccia: In Chaos 87, ed. by M. Duong-Van (North-Holland, 1987).Google Scholar
- 6.P. Cvitanovic, G.H. Gunaratne and I. Procaccia: Phys. Rev. A, in press.Google Scholar
- 7.I. Procaccia: Nature, in press.Google Scholar
- 8.P. Grassberger and H. Kantz: Phys. Lett. A113, 235 (1985).Google Scholar