The Organization of Chaos by Periodic Orbits: Topological Universality of Complex Systems
In this short paper I review the main ingredients of a theory of strange attractors that has been evolving recently [1–7], resulting in what seems to be the first understanding of what can be universal in the chaotic regime of dynamical systems.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.D. Auerbach, B. O’Shaughnessy and I. Procaccia: Phys. Rev. A, in press.Google Scholar
- 3.I. Procaccia: In Chaos 87, ed. by M. Duong-Van (North-Holland, 1987).Google Scholar
- 6.P. Cvitanovic, G.H. Gunaratne and I. Procaccia: Phys. Rev. A, in press.Google Scholar
- 7.I. Procaccia: Nature, in press.Google Scholar
- 8.P. Grassberger and H. Kantz: Phys. Lett. A113, 235 (1985).Google Scholar