Elucidation of the Transfer Mechanism in Ion-Molecule Reactions by ICR
Ion cyclotron double-resonance (ICDR) techniques have been widely used to determine the pathways of ion-molecule reactions . Methods using isotopi-cally labelled reactants, mainly hydrogen isotopes, have also been previously applied to studies of reaction mechanisms . These methods are not always straight-forward. In this work the mechanisms of some positive and negative ion-molecule reactions were studied employing ICDR techniques in combination with isotope labelling.
KeywordsHydrogen Isotope Double Resonance Abundance Ratio Neutral Reactant Charge Transfer Mechanism
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.T.A. Lehman and M.M. Bursey, Ion Cyclotron Resonance Spectrometry, Wiley, New York, 1976.Google Scholar
- 4.R.H. Herber, Inorganic Isotopic Synthesis, Benjamin, New York, 1962.Google Scholar
- 5.For increased sensitivity care should be taken to avoid overlap of mass/ charge between the chosen product ion and various reactant ions and other fragment ions present.Google Scholar
- 6.F.S. Klein, G.D. Lempert, E. Murad and A. Persky, Adv. Mass Spectrom., 6 (1973) 749.Google Scholar
- 8.J.H. Futrell and T.O. Tiernan, in J.L. Franklin (Ed.), Ion-Molecule Reactions Plenum Press, 1972.Google Scholar