Kinetic Energy of Fragment Ions Produced in Charge Transfer Reactions of He+ and Ar++ with CO
Determination of the amount of kinetic energy (KE) released into the products of charge transfer reactions from rare gas ions at thermal energy is often sufficient to decide whether or not a reaction goes through an energy resonant mechanism. This is true at least for all non dissociative charge transfers and for dissociative ones involving diatomic molecules.
KeywordsDiatomic Molecule Coulombic Repulsion Potential Energy Curve Charge Transfer Reaction Dissociation Limit
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 7a).F. Howorka, J. Chem. Phys., 68 (1978) 804Google Scholar
- 10a).C. Cole and P.M. Hierl, presented at the 23rd ASMS Conference, Houston, Texas (1975)Google Scholar
- 10b).P.M. Hierl and G. Miller, presented at the 25th ASMS Conference, Washington, DC (1977).Google Scholar
- 13.M. Viard, P.M. Guyon, T. Govers, 0. Dutuit, K. Ito, H. Frölich and P. Morin, unpublished results.Google Scholar
- 14.N. Nakamura, Y. Morioka, Y. IIda, H. Masuko, T. Hayashi, E. Ishiguro and M. Sasanuma, presented at the VIth international Conference on Vaccum Ultraviolet Radiation Physics, Charlottesville, Virginia (1980).Google Scholar