Estimation of Optimum Structures and Parameters for Linear Systems
The problem of determining a linear state space model for a stochastic process from measured output data contains, as an important part, the problem of choosing of a suitable structure for the model. A criterion is studied which measures the fit between the model and the data as well as the validity of a structure assumption. Hence the parameter and structure estimates can be obtained by minimization of a single criterion. The minimizing model is shown to converge to one with a correct structure and parameter values in this structure.
KeywordsCommutative Ring Linear Dynamical System Forgetful Functor Adjoint Functor Finite Memory
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kamen, E. W., A New Algebraic Approach to Linear Time-Varying Systems. Preprint: March, 1974. To appear in J. Comp. Sys. Sci.Google Scholar
- 2.Hafiz, K. M., New Results on Discrete-Time, Time-Varying Linear Systems. Thesis: Georgia Institute of Technology, March, 1975.Google Scholar
- 3.Wyman, B. F., Linear Systems over Rings of Operators, in [4, pp. 218–223].Google Scholar
- 5.Johnston, R., Linear Systems over Various Rings, M.I.T. Dissertation, Report ESL-R-497, 1973.Google Scholar
- 6.Sontag, E.D., On Linear Systems and Non-commutative Rings. Pre-print, 1974–75. To appear in J. Math. Systems Theory.Google Scholar
- 11.Elliott, D. and R. Mullans, Linear Systems on Partially Ordered Time Sets, IEEE Decision and Control Conference, Dec. 1973.Google Scholar