A Voucher Assisted Adaptive Acknowledgement Based Intrusion Detection Protocol for MANETs
- 813 Downloads
In MANETs, supporting a routing protocol with an intrusion detection system (IDS) is crucial in ensuring secure communication. This paper proposes a novel Voucher assisted Adaptive ACKnowledgement (VAACK) mechanism for the detection of routing misbehaviors in MANETs. The protocol uses a novel voucher acknowledgment technique which is assisted by an efficient route scanning module. The proposed protocol is complete in the absence of node collusions and, it is also sound. Moreover, the protocol can partially fight against node collusion. The analytical and the simulation results confirm the effectiveness of the proposed protocol.
KeywordsSource Node Data Packet Intrusion Detection Packet Delivery Ratio Intrusion Detection System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Maity, S., Hansdah, R.C.: A Secure and Efficient Authentication Protocol (SEAP) for MANETs with Membership Revocation. In: Proc. of the 27th International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications Workshops (WAINA 2013), Barcelona, Spain, pp. 363–370 (March 2013)Google Scholar
- 3.Marti, S., Giuli, T.J., Lai, K., Baker, M.: Mitigating routing misbehavior in mobile ad hoc networks. In: Proc. of the 6th Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking, vol. 6(11), pp. 255–265 (2000)Google Scholar
- 4.Patcha, A., Mishra, A.: Collaborative security architecture for black hole attack prevention in mobile ad hoc networks. In: Proc. of the IEEE Radio and Wireless Conference (RAWCON 2003), pp. 75–78 (2003)Google Scholar
- 5.Parker, J.P.A.J.J., Undercoffer, J., Pinkston, J., Joshi, A.: On intrusion detection and response for mobile ad hoc networks. In: Proc. of the IEEE International Conference on Performance, Computing, and Communications, pp. 747–752 (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Nasser, N., Chen, Y.: Enhanced intrusion detection system for discovering malicious nodes in mobile ad-hoc networks. In: Proc. of the IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC 2007), pp. 1154–1159 (2007)Google Scholar
- 10.QualNet 5.0: Scalable Network Technologies, Inc., 6100 Center Drive, Suite 1250, Los Angeles, CA 90045, http://www.scalable-networks.com