Empirical Analysis on the Users’ Reply Behaviors of Online Forums
Quantitative understanding of human behaviors is of huge significance to uncover the origins of many social and economic phenomena. This paper focuses on users’ reply behaviors of online forums. The statistical results show that users’ one-day activities and one-post interests both follow heavy-tailed distribution not only on population level but also on individual level. Specifically, we found that users’ one-day activities obey a power law distribution with exponential cutoff and users’ one-post interests obey a power law distribution. Further, we observe a positive correlation between users’ total activities and the power law exponents of one-day activities. In addition, we study the content scatter degree of users’ one-day replies and the time scatter degree of users’ one-post replies, and find some suspicious user behaviors, which provide new clues to the detection of cyber-space hype and network water army.
KeywordsEmpirical Analysis Reply Behavior Heavy-tailed Distribution BBS
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Zhou, T., Kiet, H.A.T., Kim, B.J., et al.: Role of Activity in Human Dynamics. J. EPL (Europhysics Letters) 82, 28002-p1–28002-p5 (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.Radicchi, F.: Human Activity in the Web. J. Physical Review E 82, 026118-1–026118-8 (2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Wei, H., Xiao-Pu, H., Tao, Z., et al.: Heavy-tailed Statistics in Short-message Communication. J. Chinese Physics Letters 26, 028902-1–028902-3 (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Zhi-Dan, Z., Hu, X.I.A., Ming-Sheng, S., et al.: Empirical Analysis on the Human Dynamics of a Large-scale Short Message Communication System. J. Chinese Physics Letters 28, 068901-1–068901-4 (2011)Google Scholar
- 9.Information on, http://baike.baidu.cn/view/3098178.htm
- 11.Ding, F., Liu, Y., Shen, B., et al.: Modeling Reading and Replying Activities in a BBS Social Network. J. Journal of Electronics (China) 8, 300–306 (2010)Google Scholar
- 12.Si, X.M., Liu, Y.: Empirical Analysis of the Interpersonal Interacting Behavior in Virtual Community. J. Acta. Phys. Sin. 60, 073908-1–073908-8 (2011)Google Scholar
- 13.Xiong, F., Liu, Y.: Empirical Analysis and Modeling of Users’ Topic Interests in Online Forums. J. PLoS ONE 7, e50912-1– e50912-7 (2012)Google Scholar
- 14.Peng, D., Cai, W.D.: The Web Forum Crawling Technology and System Implementation. J. Computer Engineering & Science 33, 157–160 (2011) (in Chinese)Google Scholar