Configuration of Tracking Area Code (TAC) for Paging Optimization in Mobile Communication Systems
Recently, the mobile telecommunication traffics have been rapidly increasing due to the growth of smart phone services. In this paper, we propose a new scheme for configuration of TAC (Tracking Area Code) to maximize the paging success rates in the LTE-based mobile communication networks. The proposed scheme includes the initial configuration of TAC, the local optimization algorithm, and the re-clustering algorithm for further improvement of the TAC configuration. From the performance analysis with real traffic data of service provider, we see that the proposed TAC configuration scheme can improve the paging success rates in the LTE networks, compared to the existing TAC configuration scheme.
KeywordsLTE Tracking Area Code Paging Optimization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Astély, D., et al.: LTE: the evolution of mobile broadband. IEEE Communications Magazine 47(4), 44–51 (2009); 44-51.3GPP TS 36.300, Evolved Universal Terrestrial Radio Access (E-UTRA) and Evolved Universal Terrestrial Radio Access Network (E-UTRAN): Overall Description Stage 2 (2008)Google Scholar
- 2.Ulvan, A., Bestak, R., Ulvan, M.: The study of handover procedure in LTE-based femtocell network. In: Wireless and Mobile Networking Conference, WMNC (2010)Google Scholar
- 3.Modarres Razavi, S.: Tracking Area Planning in Cellular Networks: Optimization and Performance Evaluation. Dissertation of Linköping (2011)Google Scholar
- 4.Bar-Noy, A., et al.: Paging mobile users in cellular networks: Optimality versus complexity and simplicity. Theoretical Computer Science (2012)Google Scholar
- 6.3GPP TS 36.902, Evolved Universal Terrestrial Radio Access Network (E-UTRAN): Self-configuring and self-optimizing network (SON) use cases and solutions (2009)Google Scholar