Efficient Purchase Pattern Clustering Based on SOM for Recommender System in u-Commerce
This paper proposes an efficient purchase pattern clustering method based on SOM(Self-Organizing Map) for Personal Ontology Recommender System in u-Commerce under ubiquitous computing environment which is required by real time accessibility and agility. In this paper, it is necessary for us to keep clustering the user’s information to join the user’s score based on RFM factors using SOM network and the analysis of RFM to be able to reflect the attributes of the user in order to reflect frequently changing trends of purchase pattern by emphasizing the important users and items, and to improve better performance of recommendation. The proposed makes the task of an efficient purchase pattern clustering based on SOM for preprocessing so as to be possible to recommend by the loyalty of RFM factors as considering user’s propensity. To verify improved better performance of proposing system than the previous systems, we carry out the experiments in the same dataset collected in a cosmetic internet shopping mall.
KeywordsRFM Collaborative Filtering SOM(Self-Organizing Map)
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Cho, Y.S., Jeong, S.P., Ryu, K.H.: Implementation of Personalized u-commerce Recommendation System using Preference of Item Category based on RFM. In: The 6th International Conference on Ubiquitous Information Technologies & Applications, pp. 109–114 (December 2011)Google Scholar
- 3.Cho, Y.S., Moon, S.C., Ryu, K.H.: Mining Association Rules using RFM Scoring Method for Personalized u-Commerce Recommendation System in emerging data. In: Kim, T.-h., Ramos, C., Abawajy, J., Kang, B.-H., Ślęzak, D., Adeli, H. (eds.) MAS/ASNT 2012. CCIS, vol. 341, pp. 190–198. Springer, Heidelberg (2012)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 4.Cho, Y.S., Noh, S.C., Moon, S.C.: Weighted Mining Association Rules Based Quantity Item with RFM Score for Personalized u-Commerce Recommendation System. In: Park, J.J(J.H.), Arabnia, H.R., Kim, C., Shi, W., Gil, J.-M. (eds.) GPC 2013. LNCS, vol. 7861, pp. 367–375. Springer, Heidelberg (2013)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 5.Cho, Y.S., Moon, S.C., Jeong, S.P., Oh, I.B., Ryu, K.H.: Clustering Method using Item Preference based on RFM for Recommendation System in u-Commerce. In: Han, Y.-H., Park, D.-S., Jia, W., Yeo, S.-S. (eds.) Ubiquitous Information Technologies and Applications. LNEE, vol. 214, pp. 353–362. Springer, Heidelberg (2012)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 7.Smith, K.A., Gupta, J.N.D.: Neural Networks in Business: Techniques and Applications. The Idea Group Publishing (2001)Google Scholar
- 8.Kohonen, T.: Self-Organizing Maps. Springer (2000)Google Scholar
- 9.Hastie, T., Tibshirani, R., Friedman, J.: The Elements of Statistical Learning – Data Mining, Inference, and Prediction. Springer (2001)Google Scholar
- 10.Herlocker, J.L., Kosran, J.A., Borchers, A., Riedl, J.: An Algorithm Framework for Performing Collaborative Filtering. In: Proceedings of the 1999 Conference on Research and Development in Information Research and Development in Information Retrival (1999)Google Scholar