Applied Semantics for Integration and Analytics
There are two major trends of industrial application for semantic technologies: integration and analytics. The integration potential of semantics was the first one which came to industrial implementation, particularly due to adoption of semantic platform by ISO 15926 standard. But there are certain problems in practical use of this standard, so integration is often built without using it. We will show an example of implementation of semantic Enterprise Service Bus in RosEnergoTrans company, and discuss whether it was better to rely on ISO 15926 ontologies for this project.
Adding analytic features to semantic solution gives it much more business value that integration itself can offer. We will discuss semantic solutions from this point of view, and compare analytical potential of ISO 15926 data models with “simple” semantics.
KeywordsISO 15926 integration analytics business value
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Levenchuk, A.: Why ISO 15926 is resolving problems, that previous generations of the standards were unable to resolve. In: Capitalization of Oil & Gas Knowledge, http://www.ngk-conf.ru/files/Anatoly_Levenchuk_Rus.pdf
- 2.Berekzin, D.: Building an ontological industry-level glossary according to ISO 15926 standard. In: Hybrid and Synergies Intelligent Systems: Theory and Practice, Kaliningrad, pp. 245–254 (2012)Google Scholar
- 3.Artale, A., Kontchakov, R., Wolter, F., Zakharyaschev, M.: Temporal Description Logic for Ontology-Based Data Access. In: International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Beijing (to appear, 2013)Google Scholar
- 4.Borge, A.: Hafslund SESAM - Semantic Integration in Practice. In: Semantic Days 2013 (2013), https://www.posccaesar.org/svn/pub/SemanticDays/2013/Presentations/DAY%202/1030%20Axel%20Borge%20Semantic%20Intergration%20for%20Hafslund%20by%20Axel%20Borge%20-Bouvet.pdf
- 5.Klüwer, J.W., Valen-Sendstad, M.: The Source for engineering information: Building Aibel’s EPC ontology. In: Semantic Days 2013 (2013), https://www.posccaesar.org/svn/pub/SemanticDays/2013/Presentations/DAY%203/0930%20DNV%20TheSource-SemDays2013.pdf
- 6.Hubauer, T.: On challenges with time-stamped data in Siemens Energy Services. In: Semantic Days 2013 (2013), https://www.posccaesar.org/svn/pub/SemanticDays/2013/Presentations/DAY%203/Parallell%202/Thomas%20Hubauer%20Optique%20-%20On%20challenges%20with%20time-stamped%20data%20in%20Siemens%20Energy%20Services.pdf
- 7.Kaplanski, P., Wroblewska, A., Zieba, A., Zarzycki, P.: Practical applications of controlled natural language with description logics and OWL. FluentEditor and OASE (2012), http://www.cognitum.eu/research/publications/Cognitum_Semantics%20_CNL2012.pdf