Sextant: Browsing and Mapping the Ocean of Linked Geospatial Data
Linked geospatial data has recently received attention as researchers and practitioners have started tapping the wealth of geospatial information available on the Web. With the rapid population of the Web of data with geospatial information, applications to manage it have also started to emerge. What the semantic geospatial web lacks, though, compared to the technological arsenal of the traditional GIS area are the tools that aid researchers and practitioners in making use of this ocean of geospatial data. In this demo paper, we present Sextant, a web-based tool that enables exploration of linked geospatial data as well as creation, sharing, and collaborative editing of thematic maps by combining linked geospatial data and other geospatial information available in standard OGC file formats.
KeywordsQuery Language Geospatial Data SPARQL Query Geospatial Information Open Geospatial Consortium
- 2.Fernéandez, J.M.B., Auer, S., Garcia, R.: The linked data visualization model. In: International Semantic Web Conference (Posters & Demos) (2012)Google Scholar
- 3.Koubarakis, M., et al.: Real-time wildfire monitoring using scientific database and linked data technologies. In: The 16th International Conference on Extending Database Technology (EDBT 2013), Genoa, Italy, March 18-22 (2013)Google Scholar
- 4.Koubarakis, M., Karpathiotakis, M., Kyzirakos, K., Nikolaou, C., Sioutis, M.: Data Models and Query Languages for Linked Geospatial Data. Invited papers from 8th Reasoning Web Summer School (2012)Google Scholar
- 6.de León, A., Saquicela, V., Vilches, L.M., Villazón-Terrazas, B., Priyatna, F., Corcho, O.: Geographical Linked Data: a Spanish Use Case. In: I-SEMANTICS. ACM (2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Open Geospatial Consortium: OGC GeoSPARQL - A geographic query language for RDF data. OGC® Implementation Standard (2012)Google Scholar