A Hybrid Ant-Bee Colony Optimization for Solving Traveling Salesman Problem with Competitive Agents
This paper presents a new method called hybrid ant bee colony optimization (HABCO) for solving traveling salesman problem which combines ant colony system (ACS), bee colony optimization (BCO) and ELU-Ants. The agents, called ant-bees, are grouped into three types, scout, follower, recruiter at each stages as BCO algorithm. However, constructing tours such as choosing nodes, and updating pheromone are built by ACS method. To evaluate the performance of the proposed algorithm, HABCO is performed on several benchmark datasets and compared to ACS and BCO. The experimental results show that HABCO achieves the better solution, either with or without 2opt.
KeywordsHybrid Ant Colony System Bee Colony System Traveling Salesman Problem
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Stutzle, T., Hoos, H.H.: Improving the Ant System: A Detail Report on the MAXMIN Ant System. Technical Report. AIDA-96-12. FG Intellektik, FB Informatik, TU Darmstadt, Germany (1996)Google Scholar
- 7.Sjoerd, V.D.Z., Marques, C.: Ant colony optimization for job shop scheduling. In: Proceedings of Workshop on Genetic Algorithms and Artificial Life GAAL (1999)Google Scholar
- 9.Lucic, P.: Modeling transportation problems using concepts of swarm intelligence and soft computing. PhD Thesis Civil Engineering Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (2002)Google Scholar
- 10.Teodorovic, D., Lucic, P., Markovic, P., Orco, M.D.: Bee colony optimization: principles and applications. In: 8th Seminar on Neural Network Applications in Electrical Engineering, NEUREL (2006)Google Scholar
- 14.Chong, C.S., Low, M.Y.H., Sivakumar, A.I., Gay, K.L.: A bee colony optimization algorithm to job shop scheduling. In: Proceedings of Winter Simulation Conference, pp. 1954–1961 (2006)Google Scholar