Community Identification in Multiple Relationship Social Networks
In a social network, individuals often simultaneously belong to multiple social communities; therefore, the detection of relationships among individuals is very important. However, most of community detection methods only apply a single relationship in dynamic social networks with multi-relationships among individuals. Therefore, this study proposes a CNET Hierarchical Division Algorithm (CHDA) to detect communities efficiently. Experimental results show that the proposed CHDA could detect communities with more precise recognition, regarding their characterization.
Keywordscommunity detection dynamic social network hierarchical division recognition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Cazabet, R., Amblard, F., Hanachi, C.: Detection of Overlapping Communities in Dynamical Social Networks. In: 2010 IEEE Second International Conference on 2010 Social Computing (SocialCom), pp. 309–314. IEEE (2010)Google Scholar
- 2.Palla, G., et al.: Uncovering the overlapping community structure of complex networks in nature and society (2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Du, N., et al.: Community Detection in Large-Scale Social Networks.pdf. In: 9th WebKDD and 1st SNA-KDD 2007 Workshop. ACM, New York (2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Chen, Z., et al.: Detecting and Tracking Community Dynamics in Evolutionary Networks (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Rees, B.S., Gallagher, K.B.: Overlapping Community Detection by Collective Friendship Group Inference, pp. 375–379 (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Magnani, M., Rossi, L.: The ML-Model for Multi-layer Social Networks. In: Advances in Social Networks Analysis and Mining 2011, pp. 5–12. IEEE, Kaohsiung (2011)Google Scholar
- 7.Goldberg, M., et al.: Finding Overlapping Communities in Social Networks, pp. 104–113 (2010)Google Scholar