The System of Stress Estimation for the Exposed Gas Pipeline Using the Wireless Tilt Sensor
Gas pipelines are exposed to the danger especially in bridges, roads and subway construction areas. It can cause leakage accidents from the stress and vibration changes and it can threaten human’s life. To avoid that, the gas pipelines should be monitored continuously. The system of stress estimation using MEMS (Micro electro mechanical system_ wireless tilt sensor has been developed and has been evaluated by a lob test bench.
KeywordsMEMS gas pipeline tilt sensor stress wireless communication
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Hong, S.K.: Development and Application of Exposed Gas Pipeline Monitoring System. Report of Korea Gas Corporation (2003)Google Scholar
- 2.Oh, J.S., Park, J.S., Kwon, J.R.: Selecting the Wireless Communication Methods for Establishing Ubiquitous City-Gas Facilities in Korea. In: Park, J.H., Chen, H.-H., Atiquzzaman, M., Lee, C., Kim, T.-H., Yeo, S.-S. (eds.) ISA 2009. LNCS, vol. 5576, pp. 823–828. Springer, Heidelberg (2009)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 3.Oh, J.S., Bang, H.J., Ko, H.: An Empirical Study on Smart Safety Management Architecture for Gas Facilities in Korea. Information 15(3), 1107–1122 (2011)Google Scholar
- 4.Jung, H.K.: The best suited Application of Risk Based Inspection. Journal of KIGAS, 83–88 (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Shigley, J.E.: Meachnical Engineering Design, pp. 173–212. McGraw-Hill (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Hibbeler, R.C.: Mechanics of materials, pp. 569–585. Prentice Hall (2005)Google Scholar