Load Distribution Method for Ensuring QoS of Social Media Streaming Services in Cloud Environment
As various types of smart devices have recently appeared, SNS (Social Networking Services) have been expanded. Thus, the demand for social media streaming is on the rise. In the previous study, a media conversion system for ensuring QoS (Quality of service) of media streaming was presented. The presented system implemented a distributed streaming environment with multiple servers in order to perform reliable streaming of converted media. The method of distributing streaming job is crucial in implementing a distributed environment. Thus, the presented system established distributed streaming servers that applied RR (Round Robin) and LC (Least Connection) algorithms. However, since systems that applied RR and LC do not consider CPU utilization rate and network transmission traffic, they have limitations on reducing the burdens of servers. This study will present a SRC (Streaming Resource-based Connection) scheduling algorithm for ensuring QoS in the distributed streaming environment. The focus of this SRC algorithm considering CPU utilization rate and transmission traffic of servers is resolving the limitations of existing algorithms. As a performance evaluation, utilization rate of different systems that each applied SRC, RR and LC will be compared.
Keywordscloud computing Social Media Streaming Load Distribution QoS
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.McAfee, A., Brynjolfsson, E.: Big data: the management revolution (2012)Google Scholar
- 2.Cisco Visual Networking Index: forecast and Methodology 2011-2016 (2012)Google Scholar
- 4.Kim, M., Han, S., Cui, Y., Lee, H., Jeoung, C.: A Hadoop-based Multimedia Transcoding System for Processing Social Media in the PaaS Platform of SMCCSE. KSII Transcation on Internet and Information Systems (TIIS) 11, 2827–2848 (2012)Google Scholar
- 5.Heo, N., Lim, D., Seo, D., Jung, I., Kim, Y.: Load Distribution Method and Admission control for Streaming Media QoS in Distributed Transcoding Servers. In: ICCSA 2007, pp. 39–45 (2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Li, C., Peng, G., Gopalan, K., Chiueh, T.: Performance guarantee for cluster-based internet services. In: 2002 Ninth International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Systems, pp. 327–332 (2002)Google Scholar
- 7.Tep, Y.M., Ayani, R.: Comparison of load balancing strategies on cluster-based web servers. In: Simulation, pp. 185–95 (2001)Google Scholar