Specification of Communication Based Train Control System Using AADL
The development of railway cyber physical systems is a challenging process. In this paper we present our current effort to extend AADL to include new features for separation of concerns of railway cyber physical systems, we extend AADL in spatial aspect, dynamic continuous aspect, physical world modeling aspect. Finally, we illustrate the proposed method via an example of specification of communication based train control system.
KeywordsAADL Railroad system Train control system component OSATE
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.IEC62278:2002, Railway applications: Specification and demonstration of reliability, availability, maintainability and safety (RAMS)Google Scholar
- 2.IEC62279:2002, Railway applications: Communications, signaling and processing systems–Software for railway control and protection systemsGoogle Scholar
- 3.EC62280:2002, Railway applications: Communication, signaling and processing systems–Safety related electronic systems for signalingGoogle Scholar
- 4.Laprie, J.C. (ed.): Dependability: Basic Concepts and Terminology. Springer, Secaucus (1992)Google Scholar
- 5.Avizienis, A., Laprie, J.-C., Randell, B.: Dependability of computer systems: Fundamental concepts, terminology, and examples (2000)Google Scholar
- 6.Hudak, J.J., Feiler, P.H.: Developing aadl models for control systems: A practitioner’s guide (2007)Google Scholar
- 7.Feiler, P.H., Gluch, D.P.: Model-Based Engineering with AADL: An Introduction to the SAE Architecture Analysis & Design Language. Addison-Wesley Professional (2012)Google Scholar
- 8.Muhammad, N., Vandewoude, Y., Berbers, Y., van Loo, S.: Modelling embedded systems with AADL: A practical study. In: New Advanced Technologies, pp. 247–263. Intech (2010)Google Scholar
- 9.De Niz, D., Feiler, P.H.: Aspects in the industry standard AADL. In: Proceedings of the 10th International Workshop on Aspect-oriented Modeling, pp. 15–20. ACM press (2007)Google Scholar
- 10.Michotte, L., Vergnaud, T., Feiler, P.H., France, R.B.: Aspect oriented modeling of component architectures using AADL. In: New Technologies, Mobility and Security, NTMS 2008, pp. 1–6. IEEE (2008)Google Scholar
- 11.Modelica Association, Modelica - a unified object-oriented language for physical systems modeling. Language specification (2002)Google Scholar
- 12.Modelica Association, Modelica: a unified object-oriented language for physical systems modeling: Language. Specification Version 3.0 (2007)Google Scholar