Sustainable Development-Oriented Supply Chain Management for Tourism E-commerce
The supply chain management for tourism refers to the planning, organiz- ing, coordinating and controlling of information flow, capital flow and service flow in the supply chain for tourism. The application of e-commerce and related informa- tion technology is the new business models and inevitable choice of tourism upgrade and sustainable development, and promotes the transformation of the production factors in traditional tourism industry. As a result, the asymmetrical and incomplete information problem can be solved, and tourism resources can be exploited deeply and the structure of tourism products can be optimized at the same time. This article describes the promotion of tourism e-commerce to industrial upgrading, analyzes the tourism supply chain structure in the e-commerce environment, and proposes the optimization strategies of e-commerce for supply chain management in tourism.
KeywordsTourism supply chain E-commerce Industrial structure upgrading Operation mechanism Management strategies
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yang X (2005) Supply chain management. Fudan University Press, Shanghai (In Chinese)Google Scholar
- 2.Page S (2003) Tourism management managing for change. Butterw orth-Heinemann, OxfordGoogle Scholar
- 3.Tapper R, Font X (2004) Tourism supply chains: Report of a desk research project for the travel foundation http://www.lmu.ac.uk/lsif/the/Tourism-Supply-Chains
- 4.Zhang X, Song H, Huang G (2009) Tourism supply chain management: A new research agenda. Tourism Management 30(3):345–358Google Scholar
- 5.Liu R, Yuan G (2007) A research on tourism value chain management. Ecological Economy 12:102–104Google Scholar
- 6.Xu H, Zhou X (2009) The construction of conceptual model of tourist destination supply chain. Tourism Science 5(23):15–20Google Scholar
- 7.Shu B (2010) Review of correlation research on complex tourism supply network at home and abroad. Tourism Science 6(24):72–81Google Scholar
- 8.Feng X, Wang J (2010) Discussion on tourism supply chain optimization under the ecommerce environment. Market Modernization (22):106–107 (In Chinese)Google Scholar
- 9.Yang L, Chen Y (2010) Analysis of the role of e-commerce in enhancing the competitiveness of China’s tourism industry. Inquiry into Economic Issues (10):187–190 (In Chinese)Google Scholar
- 10.Lu K (2006) An initial discussion on the new pattern of the supply chain in tourism industry.Tourism Tribune 3:30–33Google Scholar