A Coordination-Based Two-Stage Algorithm for Pickup and Delivery of Customers to Airport
This paper studies the vehicle routing and scheduling problem of pickup and delivery of customers to airport. Different from previous method, we propose a new model and algorithm to solve it. Firstly, we employ the vehicle coordination to improve the practical vehicle scheduling. And the customer satisfaction degree and vehicles circumvention is considered to build our model. Secondly, the vehicles are divided into both basic vehicles and coordination vehicles. Furthermore, a multi-objective model with constraints is proposed. Thirdly, the isolated customer point is defined to decide which vehicles will take part in coordination. According to the vehicle coordination in the pickup and delivery of customers to airport, we propose a two-stage heuristic algorithm, which is based on the coordination in the driving route, to overcome quickly the problem. Finally, we conduct a series of test to validate our algorithm. Simulation results show that the algorithm proposed in this paper is feasible and promising.
KeywordsVehicle coordination Satisfaction degree Isolated customer point Heuristic algorithm Pickup and delivery service
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Baldacci R, Mingozzi A, Roberti R (2011) New route relaxation and pricing strategies for the vehicle routing problem. Operations Research 5:1269–1283Google Scholar
- 2.Najera A, Bullinaria J (2011) An improved multi-objective evolutionary algorithm for the vehicle routing problem with time windows. Computers and Operations Research 1:287–300Google Scholar
- 3.Pillac V, Gendreau M, Gu’ereta C et al (2013) A review of dynamic vehicle routing problems. European Journal of Operational Research 1:1–11Google Scholar
- 4.Yeun L, IsmailW, Omar K et al (2008) Vehicle routing problem models and solutions. Journal of Quality Measurement and Analysis 1:205–218Google Scholar
- 5.Szeto W, Wu Y, Ho S (2011) An artificial bee colony algorithm for the capacitated vehicle routing problem. European Journal of Operational Research 1:126–135Google Scholar
- 6.Yu B, Yang Z (2011) An ant colony optimization model The period vehicle routing problem with time windows. Transportation Research Part E 2:166–181Google Scholar
- 7.Hong L (2012) An improved LNS algorithm for real-time vehicle routing problem with time windows. Computers and Operations Research 2:151–163Google Scholar
- 8.Vidal T, Crainic T, Gendreau M et al (2011) A Hybrid genetic algorithm for multidepot and periodic vehicle routing problems. Operations Research 3:611–624Google Scholar
- 9.Drexl M (2012) Synchronization in vehicle routingła survey of VRPs with multiple synchronization constraints. Transportation Science 3:297–316Google Scholar
- 10.Dong G, Tang J, Lai K (2011) An exact algorithm for vehicle routing and scheduling problem of free pickup and delivery service in flight ticket sales companies based on set-partitioning model. Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing 5:789–799Google Scholar
- 11.Lin C (2008) A cooperative strategy for a vehicle routing problem with pickup and delivery time windows. Computers and Industrial Engineering 1:766–782Google Scholar