On Effectivity of Delays in Queuing Systems
For queuing systems with cyclic service for reducing of a customer average waiting time before service the delay of beginning service is introduced. The class of queuing systems for which it is advisable to introduce delay is described. The form of optimal function minimizing a customer average waiting time has found. Numerical examples demonstrating these results are given.
KeywordsCustomer average waiting time Delay Improvable service Optimal function
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ignall E, Kolesar P (1974) Optimal dispatching of an infinite-capacity shuttle: Control at a single terminal. Operations Research 22(5):1008–1024Google Scholar
- 2.Newell GF (1974) Control of pairing of vehicles on a public transportation route, two vehicles, one control point. Transportation Science August 8(3):248–264Google Scholar
- 3.Osuna EE, Newell GF (1972) Control strategies for an idealized public transportation system. Transportation Science 6(1):52–72Google Scholar
- 4.Hajiyev AH, Djafarova HA, Mammadov TS (2010) Mathematical models of moving particles without overtaking. Doklady Mathematics 81(3):395–398Google Scholar
- 5.Hajiyev A (1985) Delays minimizing the waiting time in queueing system with cyclic services. Scandinavian Journal of Statistics 12(4):301–307Google Scholar
- 6.Cox D (1960) Renewall theory. John Wiley and Sons, New YorkGoogle Scholar