Multi-objective Dynamic Layout Problems for Unequal-Area Workshop Facilities Based on NSGA-II
Workshop facility layout is directly related to the reasonable flow of the logistics and information of the entire production system, which has a great impact on production capacity and safety. For multi-type and batch production systems, it is a critical and complex issue for research and investigation. The production mode of mass customization asks for the dynamic, multi-objective and multi-constraints specifications of the workshop facilities layout problem. In this study, a multi-objective dynamic optimization model is established based on three optimization objectives including the total cost (the materials handling cost and the rearrangement cost), non-logistics strength relationship and the required total area. In order to find Pareto solutions, an adaptive non-dominated sorting multi-objective genetic algorithm is designed for the specific model. Finally, a numerical example is applied to demonstrate that the proposed method is quite effective.
KeywordsMulti-objective dynamic layout problem Workshop facilities NSGA-II
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Xu SY, Ding XH, Tao LY (2012) A review of multi-objective dynamic workshop facility layout problems. Mechanical Research & Application 6:40–45 (In Chinese)Google Scholar
- 2.Singh SP, Sharma RRK (2006) A Review of different approaches to the facility layout problems. International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology 30(5/6):425–433Google Scholar
- 3.Tarun G, Ham IS (1990) Production data based similarity coefficient for machine–component grouping decision in the design of cellular manufacturing system. International Journal of Production Research 28(7):1247–1269Google Scholar
- 4.Zitzler E, Thiele L (1999) Multiobjective optimization using evolutionary algorithms: a comparative case study and the strength Pareto approach. IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation 3(4):257–271Google Scholar
- 5.Zitzler E, Thiele L, Laumanns M et al (2003) Performance assessment of multiobjective optimizers: an analysis and review. IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation 7(2):117–132Google Scholar
- 6.Deb K, Pratap A, Agarwal S et al (2002) A fast and elitist multiobjective genetic algorithm: NSGA-II. IEEE Trans on Evolutionary Computation 6(2):184-197Google Scholar
- 7.Zeng Q, Shen L, Pan Q et al (2012) Multi-objective optimization method for workshop facilities layout based on NSGA II. Computer Engineering and Applications 27:1–11 (In Chinese)Google Scholar
- 8.Li MM, Liu SM (2012) Non-dominated sorting genetic algorithms-II based on multi-objective optimization model in the water distribution system. Procedia Engineering 37:309–313 (In Chinese)Google Scholar
- 9.Fonseca CM, Fleming PJ (1995) An overview of evolutionary algorithms in multi-objective optimization. Evolutionary Computation 3(1):1–16Google Scholar