The Fuzzy Time-Cost-Quality-Environment Trade-off Analysis of Multi-mode Construction Systems for Large-scale Hydroelectric Projects
This paper studies the time-cost-quality-environment trade-off problem of construction project and establishes a multi-objective decision making model under a fuzzy environment. The objective functions are to minimize the total project time, total executed cost, quality defect of all activities, and the environment impact. Furthermore, a fuzzy based adaptive-hybrid genetic algorithm is developed for finding feasible solutions. Finally, Jinping-II hydroelectric project was used as a practical example to demonstrate the practicality and efficiency of the method.
KeywordsTime-cost-quality-environment trade-off Multi-mode Construction project Fuzzy Genetic algorithm
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Dubois D, Prade H (1978) Operations on fuzzy numbers. International Journal of System Sciences 9:613–626Google Scholar
- 2.Dubois D, Prade H (1980) Operations on fuzzy numbers. Fuzzy Sets and System: Theory and Applications, Academic Press, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 3.Gen M, Cheng R, Lin L (2007) Network models and optimization: Multiobjective genetic algorithm approach. SpringerGoogle Scholar
- 4.Holland JH (1975) Adaptation in natural and artificial systems. University of Michigan Press, Ann ArborGoogle Scholar
- 5.Kaufmann A (1975) Introduction to the theory of fuzzy subsets. Academci Press, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 6.Nahmias S (1979) Fuzzy variables. Fuzzy Sets and Systems 1:97–110Google Scholar
- 7.Leu S, Chen A, Yang C (2001) A GA-based fuzzy optimal model for construction time-cost trade-off. International Journal of Project Management 19:47–58Google Scholar
- 8.Xu JP, Zhou XY (2009) Fuzzy-Like Multiple Objective Decision Making. SpringerGoogle Scholar
- 9.Zadeh LA (1965) Fuzzy sets. Information and Control 8:338–358Google Scholar
- 10.Zadeh LA (1999) Fuzzy sets as a basis for a theory of possibility. Fuzzy Sets and Systems 100:9–34Google Scholar