Strategic Development of Beibu Gulf Economic Zone of Guangxi: From the Perspective of Low Carbon Economy
Low-carbon economy is an economic mode which features the reduction of CO2 emission in the process of production and consumption. Accelerating the development of marine low-carbon economy is a fundamental choice for future development. The Beibu Gulf Economic Zone of Guangxi (BGEZ) enjoys a long coastline and covers 123,000 km2, which known as the last uncultivated coastal area in China. The current marine low-carbon economy in Beibu Gulf has limiting factors such as institutional building falls behind and shortage of technology and human resources, etc. However, there are also some unique advantages of BGEZ developing its low carbon strategies. Simply applying the inland development model to the marine economic development will bring new disasters to marine ecosystem as well as social and economic system. This article aims to develop a strategy of BGEZ’s marine industry in the perspective of low carbon economy. Various strategic steps to improve the BGEZ’s institutional systems and industrial structure and to introduce advanced marine technology of BGEZ are also being explored.
KeywordsMarine economy Beibu gulf economic zone Strategy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Tang Y, Xiong X (2011) An innovative mode of China’s energy performance contracting. In: Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Management Science and Engineering Management 548–552Google Scholar
- 2.Tang Y, Xiong X (2009) A study on operational strategy and innovation of implementation model for environment protection in business. In: Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Management Science and Engineering Management 288–292Google Scholar
- 3.Tang Y, Xiong X (2010) A new method of strategic positioning: STP3 pyramid. In: Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Management Science and Engineering Management 444–448Google Scholar
- 4.Lu S, Guo X (2009) The current development, opportunities and challenges of the Guangxi Beibu Gulf ecomonic zone. Around Southeast Asia 1:18Google Scholar
- 5.Gu X, Liu J (2007) Regional economic cooperation in Beibu Gulf: Proposing-common understanding-practice. Around Southeast Asia 12:2Google Scholar