A Study on Public Satisfaction with Urban–Rural Integration by Structural Equation Modeling (SEM)
At present, urban–rural integration is primarily planned and implemented from the perspective of theoretical research and cities, while the evaluations are mainly conducted based on examining some compulsory indicators. Citing some areas where urban-integration has been integrated in Chengdu, this paper analyzed the factors affecting public satisfaction with urban–rural integration by questionnaire survey and structural equation modeling, and constructed a model for public satisfaction with urban–rural integration. The research has suggested that the satisfaction with basic public services plays a critical role in urban–rural integration and exerts significant impacts upon living indexes, public support in and evaluation of rural urban integration as well as public satisfaction. Thus, it is of great significance to improve public satisfaction and effects incurred by implementation of rural–urban integration by further improving basic public services and gradually equalizing public services.
KeywordsUrban–rural integration Public Satisfaction Structural equation modelling Chengdu
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Wang G (2012) Urban-rural planning should begin with understanding Chinese situation: A discussion about integration with Chinese characteristics. City Planning Review (36):10 (In Chinese)Google Scholar
- 2.Wang Y (2012) Research status and classical theory review on foreign urban-rural integration based on the literature retrieval of EBSCO and Oxford journals database. Forward Position (7):11 (In Chinese)Google Scholar
- 3.Liu J, Jiang H, Tang DS (2006) Humanism urban-rural integration and its approach choice—Taking Chengdu as an example. Population and Economy (4):50–51 (In Chinese)Google Scholar
- 4.Hu B, Xue H, Zeng J et al (2009) Learning from the Chengdu urban-rural integrated plan compilation. Planner (8):26 (In Chinese)Google Scholar
- 5.Fornell C, Johnson MD, Anderson EW et al (1996) The American customer satisfaction index nature, purpose and findings. Journal of Marketing 60(4):7–18Google Scholar
- 6.Liu SM (2006) Research on government service of the public satisfaction index measurement model and method. Hunan Social Science (6):36–40 (In Chinese)Google Scholar
- 7.Liu Z (2012) Research and practice on happiness index. China National Conditions and Strength (11):25–28 (In Chinese)Google Scholar
- 8.Decisions by the central committee of the CPC on some major issues in building a harmonious socialist society. Communique of the Sixth Plenum of the 16th Central Committee of the Communist Party of China. http://news.xinhuanet.com/politics/2006-10/18/content 5218639.htm.(In Chinese)
- 9.Rong T (2012) AMOS and research method. Chongqing University Press. Chongqing 81–82 (In Chinese)Google Scholar
- 10.Wu M (2010) Structural equation model-manipulation and application of AMOS. Chongqing University Press, Chongqing 52–55 (In Chinese)Google Scholar
- 11.Rong T (2010) AMOS and research method. Chongqing University Press, Chongqing 126–132 (In Chinese)Google Scholar