The Study on Sport Psychological Skills and Coping Styles of High-level Wrestling Athletes
With the continuous development of wrestling sports and the gradual improvement of wrestling athletes’ technical level, it is more and more obvious that psychological sport skills and coping style could influence on the result of competition and closely connected with the psychological skill and coping style of their own whether athletes can have excellent performance. However, in the practical study, it is rarely the related research on how psychological sport skills and coping style will affect their performance in regard to high-level wrestling athletes in Sichuan Province. The article makes a research on high-level wrestling athletes in Sichuan Province with the use of literature, questionnaire survey and mathematical method. The results showed that: (1) gender differences exist in the four dimensions of the collective spirit, anxiety, self-confidence, mental preparation in the sport psychology skills; no gender difference exist in attention and motivation; age differences exist in preparation of psychological skills and the collective spirit; sport psychological skill does not exist significant differences during the training period; sports grade differences exist in the collective spirit and self-confidence. (2) 4 dimensions of coping styles have no significant difference in gender; there was a significant difference during the training period in avoidant coping and centralized treatment of coping style; coping style in 4 dimensions no significant grade differences in movement. (3) there is a significant correlation between coping style and psychological sport skills, positive psychological sport skills contributes to the state self-confidence, so we should take positive coping style.
KeywordsHigh-level wrestling athletes Sport psychological skill Coping style
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Zhang L, Mao Z (2004) Common psychological assessment handbook about sports science 10:55–253Google Scholar
- 2.TianM(1991) Sports (movement) training discipline. People’s Sports Publishing House, Beijing 68–77Google Scholar
- 3.Li Q (2007) Research on sport psychological skill of CUBA athlete. Physical Education Institute Journal of Shanxi Normal University 4(8):39–42Google Scholar
- 4.Ji L, Fu M (1993) Contemporary sport psychology. Southwest Normal University Press, Chongqing 81–99Google Scholar
- 5.Jones G, Swain AJ (1996) Predispositions to experience debilitative and facilitative anxiety in elite and none lite performers. The Sport Psychologist 9:201–211Google Scholar
- 6.Parfitt CG, Hardy L (1993) The effects of competitive anxiety on memory span and rebound shooting tasks in basketball players. Journal of Sports Sciences, 11:517–524Google Scholar
- 7.Lazarus RS, Folkman S (1984) Stress, appraisal, and coping. Springer, New YorkGoogle Scholar