Analysis on Forming Mechanism and Realization Path of Innovative Cluster
The traction of innovative cluster in the regional economic development is gradually highlighted. In this paper, the forming mechanism of its innovative ability and the realization path would be discussed. Through the theoretical analysis of the literature, combining with the analysis of the practical issues in the operation of innovative cluster at home and abroad, the article suggests that this forming mechanism derives itself from various factors, such as knowledge spillover, entrepreneurs, government leadership, the stimulation of entrepreneurship, different stages of industry life cycle and so on. At the same time, this paper offers some successful experiences of the innovative clusters all over the world to explain realization path. The paper argues that the problems existing in the developing process are associated with the lack of forming mechanism. Finally, the preliminary countermeasures about overall planning, introducing the subject of cultivation and developing the middle cooperative organization are proposed.
KeywordsInnovative cluster Forming mechanism Realization path
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Feldman MP, Francis J, Bercovitz J (2005) Creating a cluster while building a firm: Entrepreneurs and the formation of industrial cluster. Regional Studies 39:129–141Google Scholar
- 2.Casper S (2009) How do technology clusters emerge and become sustainable? Social network formation and inter-firm mobility within the San Diego biotechnology cluster. Research Policy 36:438–455Google Scholar
- 3.Lee YT, Kim D (2009) Endogenous versus exogenous development: A coparative study of biotechnology industry cluster policies in South Korea and Singapore. Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy 27:612–631Google Scholar
- 4.Audretsch DB, Feldman MP (1996) Innovative clusters and industry life cycle. Review of Industrial Organization 11:253–273Google Scholar
- 5.Eesley CE, Miller WF (2012) Stanford University’s economic impact via innovation and entrepreneurshipGoogle Scholar
- 6.Wang L, Zhao H (2009) Innovation mechanism and strategy selection of local enterprises in FDI-driving industrial cluster. Science & Technology Progress and Policy 26:77–79 (In Chinese)Google Scholar
- 7.Zhang J, Rowen HS (2002) The entrepreneurship and innovation cluster. Fudan University Press (In Chinese)Google Scholar
- 8.Liu H (2012) Forming mechanism and government functions of innovative cluster. Science and Technology Industry of China 12:82–86 (In Chinese)Google Scholar
- 9.Cao Q (2008) Governing pattern of the global production network of Taiwan laptop industry. Taiwan Studies 2:27–31 (In Chinese)Google Scholar
- 10.Hu Y (2010) Analysis on the development path of innovative cluster. Economy 7:160–161 (In Chinese)Google Scholar