The Evolutionary Path and Process of Mutual Trust Among Members of Knowledge Networks
According to its establishment and evolution process, this paper divided mutual trust among members of knowledge networks into 4 parts: tentative trust maintenance trust, continuity trust and swift trust. On this basis, we analyzed the evolutionary path of mutual trust from three aspects: category, degree and range. Then, the evolutionary process of mutual trust was divided into four stages. At last, combined with two angles of process and overall view, a model was built to illustrate the evolutionary process of mutual trust among members of knowledge networks.
KeywordsKnowledge networks Mutual trust Evolutionary path Evolutionary Process
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Funded projects: System Science and Enterprise Development Research Center of Sichuan Province philosophy and social science key research base (Xq12C07), Sichuan University central university basic research special business fee (Philosophy and Social Sciences) (2011SCU11073).
- 1.Magent M (1994) The new golden rule of business. Fortune 21:60–64Google Scholar
- 2.Zeng Z (1998) Trust in corporate alliances. Economic Issues 8:37–39Google Scholar
- 3.Barney J, Hansen M (1994) Trustworthiness as a source of competitive advantage. Strategic Management Journal 15(1):175–190Google Scholar
- 4.Zuker LG (1986) Production of trust: Institutional sources of economic structure: 1840-1920. Research in Organizational Behavior 8:53–111Google Scholar
- 5.Lewicki RJ, Bunker BB (1996) Developing and maintaining trust in work relationships. In: Kramer RM, Tyler TR (eds.), Trust in Organizations: Frontiers of Theory and Research. Sage Pubilications, Thousand Oaks, CA 114–139Google Scholar
- 6.McAllister DJ (1995) After and cognition-based trust as foundation for interpersonal cooperation in organizations. Academy of Management Journal (38):24–59Google Scholar
- 7.Niu F (2003) The analysis of trust based on network theory and enterprise strategic alliance. Journal of Northwest Agriculture and Forestry University (Social Sciences Edition) 3(1):31– 36 (In Chinese)Google Scholar
- 8.Guo S, Gao C, Cao N (2008) The growth of clustered firm in the transition phase and the trust mechanism hypothesis. Journal of Liaoning University (Philosophy and Social Sciences Edition) 36(3):112–116Google Scholar
- 9.Chen J, Feng Y (2002) Construction and management of virtual enterprise, Tsinghua University Press 103–108Google Scholar
- 10.Wang C, Zen PI (2003) Trust, contract and regulation mechanism of dynamic change. Journal of China Agricultural University of Trust among Enterprises in Cluster (Social Sciences Edition) 2:31–36 (In Chinese)Google Scholar
- 11.Zhang X (2003) Research on the trust mechanism of the virtual enterprise. Central South University Doctoral Dissertation, Changsha (In Chinese)Google Scholar
- 12.Wang T, Gu X (2010) The establishment and evolution of mutual trust between the members of the knowledge chain. Science & Technology Progress and Policy 27(14):8–10 (In Chinese)Google Scholar
- 13.Jarvenpaa SL, Knoll K, Leidner DE (1998) Is anybody out there? Antecedents of trust in global virtual teams. Journal of Management Information Systems 14(4):29–64Google Scholar