Intelligent Fashion Colour Trend Forecasting Schemes: A Comparative Study
The colour of a fashion item is one of its key features which often play an important role on the purchase decisions of consumers. And the fashionable colours often prevail in one season, thus, it is crucial for the fashion industry to do forecasting of the fashion trends, especially on colours, prior to the beginning the production for the target season. The lead-time of forecasting becomes shorter recent years with the intensified competition of global fashion industry, and imposes pressure on the forecasting of fashion colour trends. The common practise for the forecasting of colour trends in the fashion industry are based on the ideals of field experts, and the forecasting is in nature fuzzy and hard to be substituted by analytical models. In this paper, we explore the forecasting of colour trends by artificial intelligence models, especially artificial neural network and fuzzy logic models; we observed that such models help to improve the forecasting of fashion colour trends.
- 2.Cassidy TD, Cassidy T (2012) Using soft systems methodology to improve the colour forecasting process. J Int Colour Assoc 7:27–50Google Scholar
- 4.Cassidy TD (2007) Personal colour analysis, consumer colour preferences and colour forecasting for the fashion and textile industries. Colour Des Creativity 1(1):1–14Google Scholar
- 5.Chang L-X, Gao W-D, Zhang X (2009) Discussion on fashion color forecasting for textile and fashion industries. J Fiber Bioeng Inform 2(1):15–21Google Scholar
- 7.Fashion-era (2012) http://www.fashion-era.com/
- 10.PANTONE (2012) http://www.pantone.com
- 13.Yu Y, Choi T-M, Au K-F, Sun ZL (2010) Applications of evolutionary neural networks for sales forecasting of fashionable products. In: Olivas ES, Guerrero JDM, Martinez-Sober M et al (eds) Handbook of research on machine learning applications and trends: algorithms, methods, and techniques. IGI Global, pp 387–403Google Scholar