Joint Integrated Spectrum Handoff Management and Routing in CR-MANETs: An Analytical Modeling
The focus of this paper is on the modeling of joint Integrated Spectrum Handoff MANagement (ISHMAN) and routing in cognitive radio mobile ad hoc networks (CR-MANETs). To model the ISHMAN, we must consider three key factors: (1) channel availability and spectrum usage behaviors of the primary users (PUs); (2) the movements and the motility of the secondary users (SUs); and (3) channel quality degradation. In this paper, we propose a new model for spectrum handoff in CR-MANETs considering the above mentioned factors characterizing the united ISHMAN and routing in these networks.
KeywordsCognitive Radio Spectrum Mobility Spectrum handoff Handoff Management
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Min, A.W., Shin, K.G.: Impact of mobility on spectrum sensing in cognitive radio networks. In: Proceedings of the 2009 ACM Workshop on Cognitive Radio Networks, CoRoNet 2009, p. 13 (2009)Google Scholar
- 2.Giupponi, L., Perez-Neira, A.I.: Fuzzy-based Spectrum Handoff in Cognitive Radio Networks. In: 3rd International Conference on Cognitive Radio Oriented Wireless Networks and Communications CrownCom, pp. 1–6. IEEE Press (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.Duan, J., Li, Y.: An optimal spectrum handoff scheme for cognitive radio mobile Ad hoc networks. AECE, 11–16 (2011)Google Scholar
- 4.Song, Y., Xie, J.: ProSpect: A Proactive Spectrum Handoff Framework for Cognitive Radio Ad hoc Networks without Common Control Channel. IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing 3(99), 1 (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.Song, Y., Xie, J.: Performance Analysis of Spectrum Handoff for Cognitive Radio Ad hoc Networks without Common Control Channel under Homogeneous Primary Traffic. Compare a Journal of Comparative Education, 3011–3019 (2011)Google Scholar
- 6.Samad, N., Sharifah Kamilah, S.Y., Nurul Muazzah, A.L., Vahid, A.: Proactive Integrated handoff management in CR-MANETs: A conceptual model. In: 2012 IEEE Symposium on Wireless Technology and Applications (ISWTA), pp. 33–38 (2012)Google Scholar
- 7.Samad, N., Josh, A.A., Sharifah Kamilah, S.Y., Nurul Muazzah, A.L., Vahid, A.: Characterization of spectrum mobility and channel availability in CR-MANETs. In: Proc. of the International Conference on Advances in Mobile Networks and Communication, MNC 2012, pp. 12–16 (2012)Google Scholar
- 9.Li, J., Blake, C., De Couto, D.S.J., Lee, H.I., Morris, R.: Capacity of Ad Hoc wireless networks. Network 01, 61–69 (2001)Google Scholar