Maximum Independent Set of Links with a Monotone and Sublinear Power Assignment
This paper studies the problem of selecting a maximum independent set of links with a fixed monotone and sublinear power assignment under the physical interference model. The best-known approximation bound for this problem is a very large constant. In this paper, we present an approximation algorithm for this problem, which not only has a much smaller approximation bound but also produces an independent set of links with a stronger property, i.e., strong independence.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Andrews, M., Dinitz, M.: Maximizing Capacity in Arbitrary Wireless Networks in the SINR Model: Complexity and Game Theory. In: IEEE INFOCOM (2009)Google Scholar
- 2.Chafekar, D., Kumar, V., Marathe, M., Parthasarathy, S., Srinivasan, A.: Approximation algorithms for computing capacity of wireless networks with SINR constraints. In: IEEE INFOCOM, pp. 1166–1174 (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.Goussevskaia, O., Oswald, Y.A., Wattenhofer, R.: Complexity in geometric SINR. In: Proc. of the 8th ACM MOBIHOC, pp. 100–109 (September 2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Halldórsson, M.M., Mitra, P.: Wireless capacity with oblivious power in general metrics. In: SIAM SODA, pp. 1538–1548 (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.Kesselheim, T.: A Constant-Factor Approximation for Wireless Capacity Maximization with Power Control in the SINR Model. In: SIAM SODA, pp. 1549–1559 (2011)Google Scholar