A Network Forensics System for Information Leak Events
The events of information leak and illegal content propagation often occur on the network. The existing techniques cannot collect sufficient evidences about users’ contents to support forensics for these events. A new approach and a system are proposed which apply Chinese word segment and bloom filter to store the digest of users’ contents. With this system, investigators can trace back the events that happened months or even years ago without extra cost of hardware storage.
Keywordsnetwork forensics users’ contents data processing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Shu, X., Yao, D.D.: Data leak detection as a service: challenges and solutions. Technical Report TR-12-10, Computer Science, Virginia Tech. (2012)Google Scholar
- 3.Kaur, J., Singh, G., Singh, M.: Design & Implementation of Linux based Network Forensic System using Honeynet. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Engineering & Technology (IJARCET) 1, 504 (2012)Google Scholar
- 6.Thomas, A.: A Distributed Network Performance and Traffic Analyser. In: Dissertation of Science in Computer Information System. the University of Bath (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Aminnezhad, A., Dehghantanha, A., Abdullah, M.T.: A Survey on Privacy Issues in Digital Forensics. International Journal of Cyber-Security and Digital Forensics (IJCSDF) 1, 311–323 (2012)Google Scholar
- 9.Zou, T., Xu, B., Huang, M., Liu, L., Zhao, G.: A Method and A Device of Chinese Text Processing. Chinese Patent: CN200910086633.8 (2009)Google Scholar