Interactive Pose Estimation for Active Pauses
Occupational health affections related to ergonomics result in musculoskeletal problems that affect the locomotion apparatus through the muscles, tendons, ligaments and nerves, yielding to numerous cases of work absence. The World Health Organization (WHO) has acknowledged occupational health problems associated with excessive computer work resulting in the execution of repetitive tasks and sedentary cycles. With increased use of mobile electronic devices (laptops, smartphones and tablets) and initiatives as bring your own device, work time has increased recently and users do not take care of their posture or joints during usage of these devices. Recommendations on taking active pauses and do exercises for avoiding occupational health problems are promoted with videos, animations, reminders, guides and surveys, however use of this tools or taking time for active pauses is not done by several users. This project addresses the problem through an application for reminding the pause and monitor user exercises using Kinect.
KeywordsActive pause Interaction Motion tracking Occupational health
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.World Health Organization WHO, Occupational and work related diseases (January 2013), http://www.who.int/occupational_health/activities/occupational_work_diseases/en/index.html
- 2.Stanford, Computer Workstation Ergonomic Evaluation (2013), http://www.stanford.edu/dept/EHS/prod/general/ergo/PDFs/self_evaluation.pdf
- 3.The Human Solution, Ergonomic Office Desk, Chair and Keyboard Height Calculator (2013), http://www.thehumansolution.com/ergonomic-office-desk-chair-keyboard-height-calculator.html
- 4.Philip Worthington, Posture minder (2013), http://www.postureminder.co.uk/
- 5.Luttman, A., Jager, M., Griefahn, B., Caffer, G., Liebers, F.: Prevención de trastornos musculoesquéleticos en el lugar de trabajo: World Health Organization (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.World Economic Forum, The Global Information Technological Report 2012, World Economic Forum, Insight report 2012 (2012)Google Scholar
- 8.Universidad Militar Nueva Granada, Salud Ocupacional y Gestión Ambiental (2013), http://www.umng.edu.co/web/guest/la-universidad/gestion-ambiental-y-salud-ocupacional
- 9.Microsoft, Kinect gallery (2013), http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/kinectforwindows/discover/gallery.aspx