Being Example: A Different Kind of Leadership, Looking for Exemplary Behaviors
Creating applications that focus on students to make them understand the value of society, and to be an active member of it, is important, as it is needed to educate them correctly in academic environment, near to the formal learning process applied till now. For this in this paper we present a platform named “Being Example: A different kind of leadership” that encourage students to participate and communicate with all the school students to interchange and discuss educative problems they have. “Being example” platform is the extension of the presented platform “Looking for Leaders”, it encourages students to be leaders, by performing good actions and promote their peers to follow them, and not to just because of the skills they have.
KeywordsEducational Systems Social Networks Human-Computer Interaction Students Behaviors Secondary Schools Educational System Evaluation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Moridis, C.N., Economides, A.A.: Prediction of student’s mood during an online test using formula-based and neural network-based method. Computers & Education (2009), doi:10.1016/j.compedu.2009.04.002Google Scholar
- 2.Fardoun, H.M., López, S.R., Alghazzawi, D.M., Castillo, J.R.: Looking For Leaders: Reaching the Future Leaders in Education through Online Social Networks. In: Cyprus International Conference on Educational Research, CY-ICER 2012, February 8-10. North Cyprus (2012)Google Scholar
- 3.Danah, B., Nicole, E.: Social Network Sites: Definition, History, and Scholarship. Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication 13(1), article (2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Danah, B.: Why Youth (Heart) Social Network Sites: The Role of Networked Publics in Teenage Social Life. In: Buckingham, D. (ed.) MacArthur Foundation Series on Digital Learning – Youth, Identity, and Digital Media. MIT Press, Cambridge (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Fardoun, H.M., Alghazzawi, D.M., López, S.R., Penichet, V.M.R., Gallud, J.A.: Online Social Networks Impact in Secondary Education. In: International Workshop on Evidenced-Based Technology Enhanced Learning, EBTEL 2012, Salamanca (Spain), March 28-30 (2012)Google Scholar
- 6.Tuenti on-line social network, http://www.tuenti.com