Tracking People with Active Cameras
In this paper, we introduce a novel method on tracking multiple people using multiple active cameras. The aim is to capture as many targets as possible at any time using a limited number of active cameras.
In our context, an active camera is a statically located PTZ (pan-tilt-zoom) camera. Using active cameras for tracking is not researched thoroughly, since it is relatively easier to use increased number of fully static cameras. However, we believe this is costly and a deeper research on the employment of active cameras is necessary.
Our contributions include the removal of necessity for the detection of each person individually in an efficient way and estimating the future states of the system using a simplified fluid simulation.
Keywordsmultiple view tracking active cameras
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Xie, Y., Lin, L., Jia, Y.: Tracking Objects with Adaptive Feature Patches for PTZ Camera Visual Surveillance. In: International Conference on Pattern Recognition (2010)Google Scholar
- 4.Bimbo, A.D., Pernici, F.: Uncalibrated 3D Human Tracking With a PTZ-Camera Viewing a Plane. In: 3DTV Conference: The True Vision - Capture, Transmission and Display of 3D Video (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Huang, C., Fu, L.: Multitarget Visual Tracking Based Effective Surveillance With Cooperation of Multiple Active Cameras. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics Part B: Cybernetics 41(1) (2011)Google Scholar
- 6.Yildiz, A., Akgul, Y.: A Fast Method for Tracking People with Multiple Cameras. In: Third Workshop on HUMAN MOTION Understanding, Modeling, Capture and Animation, Greece (2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Nvidia GPU Gems, http://http.developer.nvidia.com/GPUGems/gpugems_ch38.html
- 8.Sony EVI-D100 PTZ Camera, http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/cat-industrialcameras/cat-robotic/product-EVID100/