suGATALOG: Fashion Coordination System That Supports Users to Choose Everyday Fashion with Clothed Pictures
When deciding what to wear, we normally have to consider several things, such as color and combination of clothes, as well as situations that might change every day, including the weather, what to do, where to go, and whom to meet with. Trying on many possible combinations can be very tedious; thus, computer support would be helpful. Therefore, we propose suGATALOG, a fashion coordination system that allows users to choose and coordinate clothes from their wardrobe. Previous studies have proposed systems using computer images of clothes to allow users to inspect their clothing ensemble. Our system uses pictures of users actually wearing the clothes to give a more realistic impression. suGATALOG compares several combinations by swapping top and bottom images. In this paper, we describe the system architecture and its user interface, as well as an evaluation experiment and a long-term trial test to verify the usefulness of the system.
KeywordsFashion coordinate Clothes Life-log
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Cheng, C.-M., Chung, M.-F., Yu, M.-Y., Ouhyoung, M., Chu, H.-H., Chuang, Y.-Y.: Chromirror: a real-time interactive mirror for chromatic and color-harmonic dressing. In: CHI 2008 Extended Abstracts on Human Factors in Computing Systems, pp. 2787–2792 (April 2008)Google Scholar
- 2.Cordier, F., Magnenat-Thalmann, N.: A data-driven approach for real-time clothes simulation. In: Proceedings of 12th Pacific Conference on the Computer Graphics and Applications, pp. 257–266 (May 2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Hauswiesner, S., Straka, M., Reitmayr, G.: Free viewpoint virtual try-on with commodity depth cameras. In: Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Virtual Reality Continuum and Its Applications in Industry, pp. 23–30 (December 2011)Google Scholar
- 4.Hoshino, J., Saito, F.: Building virtual fashion simulator by merging cg and humans in video sequences. Transactions of Information Processing Society of Japan, 1182–1193 (2000)Google Scholar
- 5.SONY. MyStylist, http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/my/stylist (access date February 2013)
- 6.Tsujita, H., Tsukada, K., Kambara, K., Siio, I.: Complete fashion coordinator: a support system for capturing and selecting daily clothes with social networks. In: Proceedings of the International Conference on Advanced Visual Interfaces, pp. 127–132 (May 2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Tsujita, H., Tsukada, K., Siio, I.: A wardrobe to support creating a picture database of clothes. In: Adjunct Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Pervasive Computing, pp. 49–52 (May 2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Zhang, W., Matsumoto, T., Liu, J., Chu, M., Begole, B.: An intelligent fitting room using multi-camera perception. In: Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on Intelligent User Interfaces, pp. 60–69 (January 2008)Google Scholar