Interactive Design and the Human Experience: What Can Industrial Design Teach Us
With more than a third of PC users, 37 percent are now turning to Smartphones and Tablets to surf the Internet and access entertainment. With this dynamic shift, the use of the wide-open Web has migrated to a semi-closed platform, or Apps, that uses the Internet for data transportation, something once performed by a browser. Users are accessing data all at the same time these devices are becoming intergraded into every aspect of modern life. User interfaces and experiences are changing and designers and developers have to become aware of addressing these changes.
KeywordsUser Experience Industrial Design Design Mobile Computing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Gil-Castiñeira, F., Chaves-Diéguez, D., González-Castaño, F.J.: Integration of Nomadic Devices with Automotive User InterfacesGoogle Scholar
- 5.Dreyfuss, H.: Designing for People New York, Simon and Schuster (1955)Google Scholar
- 6.Latour, B.: We Have Never Been Modern, Harvard University Press (1993)Google Scholar
- 8.Bennet, J.: Managing to Meet Usability Requirements: Establishing and Meeting Software Development Goals. In: Bennet, J., Case, D., Sandelin, J., Smith, M. (eds.) Visual Display Terminals, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, pp. 161–184. Prentice-Hall (1984)Google Scholar
- 9.Shackel, B.: Ergonomics in Design for Usability. In: Harrison, M.D., Monk, A.F. (eds.) People and Computers: Designing for Usability, Proceedings of the 2nd Conference of Human-Computer Interaction Specialist Group British Computer Society, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge (1986)Google Scholar
- 10.Companies spent the 20th century managing efficiencies. They must spend the 21st century managing experiences. Google Scholar
- 14.Good Design Can Cash In On The Gray, http://profeng.com/columns/good-design-can-cash-in-on-the-grey-pound
- 15.Rindova, V.P., Petkova, A.P.: Technological Change, Product Form Design, and Perceptions of Value for Produce Innovations 18(2), 217–232 (2007)Google Scholar
- 16.Li, H., Sun, X., Zhang, K.: Culture-Centered Design: Cultural Factors in Interface Usability and Usability Test. In: Eighth ACIS International Conference on Software Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, Networking, and Parallel/Distributed Computing, vol. 3, pp. 1084–1088. IEEE Conference Publication (2007)Google Scholar
- 17.Li, H., Sun, X., Zhang, K.: Culture-Centered Design: Cultural Factors in Interface Usability and Usability Test. In: Eighth ACIS International Conference on Software Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, Networking, and Parallel/Distributed Computing, vol. 3, pp. 1084–1088. IEEE Conference Publication (2007)Google Scholar
- 18.What is Industrial Design, http://www.idsa.org/what-is-industrial-design