AwareCover: Interactive Cover of the Smartphone for Awareness Sharing
Although there are many systems that support communication by sharing activities of people in separate locations, these systems still have problems to be used in daily environment. Smart phones are promising platform to solve these problems since many people always carry them. Therefore, we focus on the cover for the smart phones, and propose a cover-type system called AwareCover that supports users to share remote awareness by attaching the sensors/actuators in a cover of a smart phone. We also implement PadPet as a prototype based on this concept.
KeywordsSmartphone cover tablet cover awareness sharing tangible
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Nakagawa, M., Tsukada, K., Siio, I.: Calmate: Communication support system for couples using a calm avatar. In: Adjunct Proceedings of Ubicomp 2012, pp. 604–605 (September 2012)Google Scholar
- 2.Coconuch, http://www.coconatch.com/
- 3.Yim, J.-D., Shaw, C.D.: Designing CALLY: a cell-phone robot. In: Proceedings of the 27th International Conference Extended Abstracts on Human Factors in Computing Systems, CHI EA 2009, pp. 2659–2662 (2009) Google Scholar
- 4.SmartPet: http://sp.asovision.com/
- 5.Slyper, R., Poupyrev, I., Hodgins, J.: Sensing through structure: designing soft silicone sensors. In: Proceedings of the Fifth International Conference on Tangible, Embedded, and Embodied Interaction, TEI 2011 (2011)Google Scholar
- 6.Sugiura, Y., Kakehi, G., Withana, A., Lee, C., Sakamoto, D., Sugimoto, M., Inami, M., Igarashi, T.: Detecting shape deformation of soft objects using directional photo reflectivity measurement. In: Proceedings of the 24th Annual ACM Symposium on User Interface Software and Technology, UIST 2011 (2011)Google Scholar
- 7.Sugiura, Y., Lee, C., Ogata, M., Withana, A., Makino, Y., Sakamoto, D., Inami, M., Igarashi, T.: PINOKY: a ring that animates your plush toys. In: Proceedings of the 2012 ACM Annual Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, CHI 2012 (2012)Google Scholar