Homecare Risk Management: Nursing Issues Related to Technology
Traditional risk management may not address the needs of technology being introduced into homecare situations for nurses. We propose to augment traditional risk management with insights from Prevention through Design and The 8 Rights giving a more technology focus to risk management.
KeywordsRisk Management Pressure Ulcer Health Information Technology Personal Health Record Home Health Care
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Ellenbecker, C.H., Samia, L., Cushman, M.J., Alster, K.: Patient Safety and Quality in Home Health Care. Patient Safety and Quality: An Evidence-based Handbook for Nurses (2008), http://www.ahrq.gov/qual/nurseshdbk/
- 3.BLS.: 2000 Standard Occupational Codes (2000), http://www.bls.gov/oes/2002/oes_stru.htm
- 4.Armrich, A., Mayora, O., Bardram, J., Troster, G.: Pervasive Healthcare: Paving the Way for a Pervasice, User-centered and Preventive Healthcare Model. Methods of Information in Medicine 49(1), 67–73 (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.NIOSH.: State of the Sector: Healthcare and Social Assistance – Identification of Research Opportunities for the Next Decade of NORA (2009), http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/docs/2009-139/pdfs/2009-139.pdf
- 7.Lamba, A., Heckel, P.: Practice designing out hazards in the real world. Prof. Saf. 58(1), 34–40 (2013), http://www.asse.org/professionalsafety/search/index3.php Google Scholar