Steganographic Authentication Method for Electronic IDs
- 4.3k Downloads
The current development in electronics and computer science enabled to replace different types of paper or plastic personal documents with their electronic counterparts. The data security and authenticity is of primary concern here. The state-of-the-art protection is provided by PKI (according to ICAO 9303 norm for e-passport), however for older, non-ICAO-compliant documents a mildly-intrusive method of security upgrade should be devised. We achieve this by the application of steganography in order to utilize existing data hosts such as face images. The paper concentrates on the problem of verification of authenticity of the face image associated with some set of personal data.
Keywordsimage steganography digital watermarking document authentication
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Organization, I.C.A.: Icao 9303 (2006), http://www.icao.int/Security/mrtd/Downloads/Forms/AllItems.aspx?RootFolder=/Security/mrtd/Downloads/Doc
- 2.Nefian, A.V.: Georgia tech face database (August 2012), http://www.anefian.com/research/face_reco.htm
- 3.Kaliski, B.: Twirl and rsa key size (May 2003), http://www.rsa.com/rsalabs/node.asp?id=2004 (accessed: August 2012)
- 4.Upham, D.: Jsteg (March 2012), http://zooid.org/~paul/crypto/jsteg/
- 5.Provos, N.: Probabilistic methods for improving information hiding. Technical report, Sophie Engle, June 2003 9 State of Steganography: Uses, Limits, & Implications (2001), http://www.citi.umich.edu/techreports/reports/citi-tr-01-1.pdf