A Novel Method for Barcode Localization in Image Domain
Barcode localization is an essential step of the barcode reading process. For industrial environments, having high-resolution cameras and eventful scenarios, fast and reliable localization is crucial. Images acquired in those setups have limited parameters, however, they vary at each application. In earlier works we have already presented various barcode features to track for localization process. In this paper, we present a novel approach for fast barcode localization using a limited set of pixels in image domain.
Keywordsbarcode localization feature extraction pattern recognition UPC
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Adelmann, R.: Toolkit for bar code recognition and resolving on camera. In: Phones Jump Starting the Internet of Things. Informatik 2006 Workshop on Mobile and Embedded Interactive Systems (2006)Google Scholar
- 2.Tuinstra, T.R.: Reading Barcodes from Digital Imagery. PhD thesis, Cedarville University (2006)Google Scholar
- 3.Tekin, E., Coughlan, J.M.: An algorithm enabling blind users to find and read barcodes. In: 2009 Workshop on Applications of Computer Vision (WACV), pp. 1–8 (December 2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Wang, K., Zou, Y., Wang, H.: Bar code reading from images captured by camera phones. In: 2005 2nd International Conference on Mobile Technology, Applications and Systems, p. 6 (November 2005)Google Scholar
- 8.Shams, R., Sadeghi, P.: Bar code recognition in highly distorted and low resolution images. In: IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing, ICASSP 2007, vol. 1, pp. I–737 –I–740 (April 2007)Google Scholar
- 9.Bodnár, P., Nyúl, L.G.: Improving barcode detection with combination of simple detectors. In: The 8th International Conference on Signal Image Technology, SITIS 2012, pp. 300–306 (2012)Google Scholar
- 11.Qi, X., Juett, J.: Barcode localization using bottom-hat filter. NSF Research Experience for Undergraduates (2005)Google Scholar
- 12.Katona, M., Nyúl, L.G.: A novel method for accurate and efficient barcode detection with morphological operations. In: The 8th International Conference on Signal Image Technology, SITIS 2012, pp. 307–314 (2012)Google Scholar
- 14.Bodnár, P., Nyúl, L.G.: Barcode detection with morphological operations and clustering. In: Proceedings of the Ninth IASTED International Conference on Signal Processing, Pattern Recognition, and Applications, pp. 51–57 (2012)Google Scholar
- 15.Śimurda, P.: Barcode localization in image. Information Sciences and Technologies Bulletin of the ACM Slovakia 3, 55–56 (2011)Google Scholar