Constructing Surrogate Model for Optimum Concrete Mixtures Using Neural Network
- 3.4k Downloads
The determination of concrete mix ratio is known as the concrete mix design which involves many theories and practice knowledge and must satisfy some requirements. In order to get high performance concrete, the mix design should be tuned using optimization. However, a lot of concrete experiments are needed to correct models which are very time-consuming and expensive. In this paper, a neural network surrogate model based method is proposed to optimize concrete mix design. This approach focuses on the optimization of compressive strength. Experimental results manifest that the optimum design which achieves high compressive strength can be found by employing the novel approach.
KeywordsNeural Network Concrete Surrogate Model Genetic Algorithm
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Starbird, S.A.: A Metamodel Specification for a Tomato Processing Plan. European Journal of Operational Research 41, 229–240 (1990)Google Scholar
- 5.Jimmy, M., Tai, C., Mavris, D.N., Schrage, D.P.: Applicati on of a Response Surface Method to the Design of Tipjet Driven Stopped Rotor/Wing Concepts. In: 1st AIAA Aircraft Engineering, Technology and Operations Congress, Los Angeles. CA, pp. 19–21 (1995)Google Scholar
- 6.Kilmer, R.A., Smith, A.E., Shuman, L.J.: An Emergency Department Simulation and a Neural Network Metamodel. Journal of the Society for Health Systems 5, 63–79 (1997)Google Scholar
- 9.Sreekanth, J., Datta, B.: Multi-objective management of saltwater intrusion in coastal aquifers using genetic programming and modular neural network based surrogate models 393, 245–256 (2010)Google Scholar
- 10.Dun-wei, G., Jie, R., Xiao-Yan, S.: Neural network surrogate models of interactive genetic algorithms with individual’ sinterval fitness. Control and Decision 24, 1522–1530 (2009)Google Scholar
- 11.Holland, J.H.: Adaptation in Natural and Artificial Systems. University of Michigan Press, Ann Arbor (1975)Google Scholar