Test and Analysis on Insulation of Sleeping Bag
This paper describes three methods for the testing and evaluation of insulation of sleeping bag, theoretical calculation method, thermal manikin method, and small group testing method. The thermal manikin method is employed to measure the heat retention of sleeping bags, and the result is 5.7 clo. The sleeping bag is tested by small group testing method at −28 °C in the wild, and the result shows that this kind of sleeping bag is fully able to meet the requirement on insulation. The insulation of sleeping bags tested with thermal manikin method and small group testing method is authentic, and the tests were well repeatable.
KeywordsSleeping bag Insulation Thermal manikin
- 1.Huang J (2006) Study on the insulation and comfort temperature ratings of sleeping bags. Chin J Ergonomics 12(2):19–21Google Scholar
- 2.Nie X (2009) A study and filed research of CAPF sleeping bag for the Plateau and Paramos Area. China Pers Protective Equip 25(4):24–27 Google Scholar
- 3.Zhang H, Zhou Y (2009) Clothing ergonomics. China Textile & Apperal Press, Beijing, p 44Google Scholar
- 4.Havenith G (2002) Moisture accumulation in sleeping bags at subzero temperatures-effects of semipermeable and impermeable covers. Textile Res J 72(4):281–284Google Scholar
- 5.ASTM F1720-2004, Standard test method for measuring thermal insulation of sleeping bags using a heated manikinGoogle Scholar