Research on Fatigue Risk Management of Airport Staff
In order to effectively carry out fatigue risk management of airport staff, the risk factors that caused airport staff fatigue were analyzed from five aspects based on “5 M” model which had been proposed by FAA. The five aspects were men, machine, media, management, and mission. Then, a corresponding hierarchy structure model was established. By using fuzzy analytic hierarchy process and fuzzy comprehensive evaluation method, the fatigue risk factors of airport staff were evaluated. The result showed that the comprehensive evaluation of the fatigue risk factors is medium risk, and the management factor and human factor are the main fatigue risk factors to airport staff. At last, targeted risk control measures were proposed.
KeywordsAirport staff Fatigue Risk factor Fuzzy comprehensive evaluation method Risk management
This work is supported by Grant 60832012 of the National Science Foundation of China, partially supported by Grant MHRDZ200884 of Science and Technology Fund of CAAC.
- 1.U.S. Department of Transportation (2010) Fatigue risk management systems for—aviation safety. FAA, 2010, 8Google Scholar
- 2.Zhang Y (2007) Airport safety risk management. JIANGSU AVIATION, (2):4–7Google Scholar
- 3.Fan L, She L, Ping Y (2002) On a Forewarning Management System for Civil Aviation airport disasters in China. J WUT 24(6):41–44Google Scholar
- 4.Y Wu. The Challenges of Human Resources Management in the Airport Industry. Human Resource Management, 2011, (3):48–50Google Scholar
- 5.Y Li, Zhu T. Introduction to Civil Aviation Airport Ground Services. Beijing: China Civil Aviation Press, 2006:199–203Google Scholar
- 6.Min Yao (1999) A Practical Fuzzy Analytic Hierarchy Process. Soft Science 1:44–52Google Scholar
- 7.Y Li. The Matlab Implementation of Fuzzy Analytic Hierarchy Process. Natural Sci, 2009:37–38Google Scholar
- 8.X.Guimei(2010) Research on Techniques of Risk Management for Airport Runway Accident. Nanjing: Doctor’s Degree Thesis of Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics.Google Scholar
- 9.Huanting Yu (2007) Discuss on the Safety Culture Construction of Civil Airport. Jiangsu Aviation 2:21–22Google Scholar
- 10.Yu Yang. The Research of Civil Airport Emergency Management Evaluation and Development Solutions .Guanghan: Master’s Degree Thesis of Civil Aviation Flight University of China, 2011Google Scholar
- 11.Matschnigg Guenther, Graham Nancy, Wykoff Don (2011) Fatigue Risk Management System (FRMS) Implementation Guide for Operators. IATA 7:2–4Google Scholar